STUDIO SCALE FIREFLASH

sleepless

Sr Member
Hi Everyone

Thought I would post a few pics of the new kit my partner and I are working on. The FIREFLASH from the pilot episode of the Gerry Anderson series THUNDERBIRDS.

Love to hear any comments. Its approx 33 inches long

Brad (BRISFX)

03.04.05005.jpg

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/03.04.05002.jpg[/image]

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you doing this as a kit? Really nice.
Are there any Elevator Cars out there in scale? (I have the LARK ones)

KK

WOW Brad, really nice. I've got to get one of those kits..

To everyone, I have some of Brad's other kits and they are all AWESOME..

Keep up the great work.
George

Originally posted by Nektu@Apr 10 2005, 01:13 PM
Are you doing this as a kit?  Really nice.
Are there any Elevator Cars out there in scale?  (I have the LARK ones)

KK
[snapback]961462[/snapback]​

The Konami Elevator Cars are about 3 inches long...are they too small?

Nice kit, btw.

tJ

Hi all

Yes it will be a kit, and there will be elevator cars to scale. Hope fully the kit will be available within the next month or so.

Brad

Any word about price and where we get one... <drool>
-Skyler

Originally posted by sleepless@Apr 10 2005, 10:13 PM
Hi all

Yes it will be a kit, and there will be elevator cars to scale.  Hope fully the kit will be available within the next month or so.

Brad
[snapback]961727[/snapback]​

Thanks for the compliments guys. The photos to date have been of the prototype model (first out of our molds). Once I have assembled and painted it I have to organise decals to be made.

I will continue to post progress photos and once we work out a price will let everyone know.

The elevator cars will come later as a separate kit.

Regards

Brad and Andrew (www.brisfx.com.au)

May I humbly offer my opinion that the wheel pods on the ends of the wings are a tad too fat, the chord of the wings is a little too broad and the wing windows are slightly too large. Sounds a lot but still a nice model and a good size.

Here are two more pics

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/13.04.05008.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/13.04.05011.jpg[/image]

The model measures 32 inches long

You may want to take out the wing loung and cockpit windows and make them clear cast for inserting. Maybe even make a vaccume buck and do them out of clear. It would look better IMO.

Also, the wingletts that fold down for landing and up for in flight might be cool to have them seperate for the builder to choose the version.

Mark

As I said this is our first mockup. The tail section and wing sections are being cast in clear, and we will be offering landing gear as an option as well as in scale elevator cars.

Originally posted by sleepless@May 19 2005, 01:54 PM
As I said this is our first mockup.  The tail section and wing sections are being cast in clear, and we will be offering landing gear as an option as well as in scale elevator cars.
[snapback]990262[/snapback]​

OK . its cool and a looker.

Cost and availability please...........

Marty..........

As cool as the model looks I can't help but marvel at the two(Yes Two, one is upsidedown in the picture) Studio scaled Original Battlestar's. Man that's a cool design. :D

he he he...

I have a picture of the fireflash somewhere with one of the engines in flames and TB2 flying next to it. I might get it blown up and frame it.

Seriously nice model though :thumbsup

Any idea what price these will run at?

(Nice "little" summer project :p)

Ste.

Well the FIREFLASH is finally finished. I have taken some pics of a completed model.

If anyone is interested they will be available through www.brisfx.com.au and the price is $175 US plus shipping.

regards

Brad and Andrew (BRISFX)

25Oct05003.jpg

25Oct05004.jpg

25Oct05005.jpg

25Oct05006.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back