Studio Scale Falcon and Y Wing from MR

maybe this will make it better to see :D

Xeno

dsc95334t2.jpg

Originally posted by Pauleysolo@Jul 23 2005, 08:20 PM
I will get the MR Falcon for sure signature or no signature--that has been my holy grail for years...
[snapback]1040521[/snapback]​

Hmm, I won´t get one as I have been fallen in love with the lifesize Endoskeleton and therefore do not have the room as well as the money ;)

They are indeed doing a falcon.

The real question is...will they have it completely scratch built in China as most of the ATAT was....

Or

Use the actual kit parts for the masters.

Either way you should see it in June if it stays on Schedule.

;-)

Heya Frank.

Actually, MR collected a LOT of the original model kit parts for the AT-AT. I know because Steve showed them to me, and I have the pics. They used their digital scan for the body/head/legs and the kit parts for detailing. The few parts that they couldn't find were scratchbuilt as they had to stay on schedule.

I also know they scanned the ESB Falcon, so they already have a huge, super-detailed file. Saw that happen with my own two eyes :D ... it will BE the Falcon.

At the moment, they are still considering the different options on how to produce the model so that it will be sturdy, detail-packed, reasonably priced, yadda yadda; but I am sure, whatever they decide to do, it will be great. It WILL be miiine...

Oooh, and we should leave the delivery schedule announcements up to MR... people might get confused if everyone starts hearing "June" from message boards, and start thinking it's official info. I get yelled at when I let something slip.

Rock on, Jason

Originally posted by moffeaton@Jul 25 2005, 02:29 PM
Heya Frank.

Actually, MR collected a LOT of the original model kit parts for the AT-AT. I know because Steve showed them to me, and I have the pics. They used their digital scan for the body/head/legs and the kit parts for detailing. The few parts that they couldn't find were scratchbuilt as they had to stay on schedule. 
[snapback]1041637[/snapback]​

They may have had "a LOT" of the parts there, but they did not use them for the model.

Tim

Agreed. Although I did find Tims observations on the differences really interesting - it has been beaten to death - Lets hope the Falcon is even better.

Jedi Dade

I'm optimistic.
The Snowspeeder seemed to be met with little to no complaint (apart from the few who wanted it a full 1:1 studio scale), so each product gets a little better, eh?

:-D

I was always suprised the Speeder wasn't a bigger hit. Based on Ebay, it doesn't seem to have done that well. (though who knows how well it needed to do based on MR's success) The Falcon, well thats another story...I would suspect that would be a huge hit. The YWing? Well...I would guess that would do about as well as the ATAT. I think it's more popular then the SnowSpeeder...but was never piloted by one of the main heros, so is more obscure. I would guess the YWings going to be pretty expensive too (close to the ATAT in cost) which may hurt it's success. I hope it has a pilot...as thats my main gripe with the Snowspeeder. My other gripe with the speeder is it isn't 1:1. ;)

I can't wait for the Falcon, whether or not I can afford it when it is available is another story. :)

Originally posted by Jades Dark Heart@Jul 25 2005, 08:12 PM
I can't wait for the Falcon, whether or not I can afford it when it is available is another story.  :)
[snapback]1041870[/snapback]​

I hear you ... off to the blood bank :p

Jedi Dade

I don't know where this myth developed that the MR snowspeeder hasn't sold very well. It sold through its first production run of 1000 units faster than expected given its release came so quickly on the heels of the more expensive AT-AT LE.

Folks really need to stop concluding that these pieces are less than successful if they don't pre-sell out in advance. The idea surely, is that they be available for people to buy as they learn about them, and believe it or not most people out there are still discovering MR.

I think the response to the Studio Scale (or fraction thereof :) ) series has shown that there is a healthy market out there if you do it right. Of course this forum is testimony to the interest in these very models :)

I know I'm looking forward to the Millennium Falcon.

Barry

I only hope that the Falcon will not be too limited. There are many more people who wants this then the models before.
It would be very disapointing to see it sell out in the first 3 hours because of a too small limitation...

“Actually, MR collected a LOT of the original model kit parts for the AT-AT. I know because Steve showed them to me, and I have the pics. They used their digital scan for the body/head/legs and the kit parts for detailing. The few parts that they couldn't find were scratchbuilt as they had to stay on schedule.”

Moff,
Yeah ok...but I was talking about the falcon not sure how the ATAT got into this discussion, but ok. Yes..thats all very true but old news. ATAT Looks great by the way. I got one.

“I also know they scanned the ESB Falcon, so they already have a huge, super-detailed file. Saw that happen with my own two eyes ... it will BE the Falcon.”

Yeah, thats whats gonna let them scratch build it. REALLY Good picture reference. But there is still interest in the real parts as per 3 meetings with MR reps over last couple of weeks discussing the very topic.

Real parts or not, its gonna look great. It will just look better with the ACTUAL kit parts. Any rocket scientist can guess that would be true.

“At the moment, they are still considering the different options on how to produce the model so that it will be sturdy, detail-packed, reasonably priced, yadda yadda; but I am sure, whatever they decide to do, it will be great. It WILL be miiine...”

Yes they told me the very same thing.

“Oooh, and we should leave the delivery schedule announcements up to MR... people might get confused if everyone starts hearing "June" from message boards, and start thinking it's official info. I get yelled at when I let something slip.”

I think people are smart enough to know whatÂ’s rumor and whatÂ’s official. If someone from MR is unhappy with a rumor Im sure they will post here or tell me in person.

Hey Did ya build your VIPER yet? How is it coming?
Post some pics on the OTHER thread. ;-)

“They may have had "a LOT" of the parts there, but they did not use them for the model.”

Tim. they did. Saw all the reference and files first hand. Hey..its a reproduction. Things Shrink. It happens.
What they didnt find was scratch built by some very talented fold over seas.

2 to 3 percent Shrinkage each generation of castings is NOT uncommon.
Molds are made..and gang molds are made for production. It takes a few generations of molds to mass produce a kit or display. You can imagine 2 to 3 % times the number of molds made adds up. But its Such a SMALL amount, does it detract from the peice? I don't think so and Im sure most folks would agree.

Hey,...if anyone wants to argue over millimeters though....Im game.

I dont think any of the STAR WARS Models have done poorly. In fact, they seem to be doing rather well and Im sure the MF will be the Crowning achievement and will no doubt sell out.

Good to remember... Most of the buyers...are NOT members of this board nor are they STUDIO SCALE MODEL BUILDERS so whatever and however it comes out its gonna look like the Millineum Falcon and its gonna do extremely well.

Frank Cerney

I hope in comparing the reference to the actual model they are able to spot and correct for any pieces that have fallen off over the years, if any. I know the 4 footer has lost a few in its travels.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back