"studio scale desanto viper"

Originally posted by Kuhn Global@Jan 11 2006, 10:28 AM
Looks like Michael has done a wonderful job so far.
k1z2q9.jpg

Super sweeeeeeet.
k1z508.jpg

When I first saw this DeSanto,..I didn't like it. I must say that it has grown incredibly with me now and I think its design is awesome.
GREAT JOB on the Master Mike.
[snapback]1156210[/snapback]​

Thanks Kurt. You were a customer that has become a good friend. Terri and I appreciate all of your kind words and really the encouraging support of this project.
:cheers

"Thanks Kurt. You were a customer that has become a good friend. Terri and I appreciate all of your kind words and really the encouraging support of this project."

Likewise Michael. I am really looking forward to meeting you both in person.
The build-up is AWESOME...
CHEERS.

Originally posted by Kuhn Global@Jan 11 2006, 10:42 PM
"Thanks Kurt. You were a customer that has become a good friend. Terri and I appreciate all of your kind words and really the encouraging support of this project."

Likewise Michael. I am really looking forward to meeting you both in person.
The build-up is AWESOME...
CHEERS.
[snapback]1156783[/snapback]​
Thanks Kurt. Am airbrushing the tonal variations right now. :thumbsup

I've decided to do another painting of that same theme that Frazetta had done, but with all the female warriors wearing the DeSanto outfits and the Mk.IV Vipers behind them with the advanced cylon raiders overhead. But, making them in very dense watercolor and gouache and hand painting each one so that each will be unique and original in itself. And only offering a limited set of 10 just exclusively for the purchasers of the Mk.IV viper kits. 18x24" heavy archival watercolor paper with signed certificate of authenticity. Contact me direct for more info regarding this. You can view my art portfolio at http://www.artwanted.com/MichaelMiles for an idea of the various works we have had in galleries and shows.
Kurt, give me a call when you can today.

Hello to all of you following this thread.
Have just added the final version of the cockpit, sculpted with Aves epoxy sculpt, over at the fleets. I've tried other ways to construct the master of this important detail, but a pro-scratch-builder I am not. :D I'm an artist by nature, so I sculpted it with satisfactory results.
I'm about to begin detailing the part, and if any of you modelers out there that have scratched cockpit details before, could give me some pointers and ideas on how to detail instruments, gauges, and finer details that would be seen in this kind of fighter craft, please let me hear from you.
Thanks everyone.
Mike and Terri :cheers

Okay I'm here.
And let me throw one to ALL viper lovers out there. The so called NEW SERIES Viper Mk. II is NOT the Viper Mk. II....
It is not a Mk. ANYTHING. LOL.
The Tom DeSanto Viper that we all semm to be calling the Viper Mk.IV is ACTUALLY THE Viper Mk.II... How that to start some new controversy? I just recently have recieved the final design for the DeSanto Viper and what I can tell you is this. 1. The final renders and approved Viper Designs that was to be the Viper, I and Terri along with Tom DeSanto only have these final renders. And 2. the Viper in question is designated the Viper Mk.II . There was never a Mk.III or Mk.IV and we don't know how that came to be? So it is OFFICIALLY The Viper Mk.II and there is no Mk.IV. FACT.
Anyway, I'm on the pilot sculpt and it's tough, but will have pics up soon.

Here it finally is. The much awaited thruster nozzles for this bird.
Actually after looking a t drawing plans after drawing plans, I arrived at this type, which I screwed up a few times, but is great now after learning what was causing me problems. I put it down many times before trying again, and this is cool.
I'll make three molds of this so that each is identical. Besides, I would'nt want to attempt that crap again.
She is ready to ship as soon as these molds are done and as soon as the pilot is complete, which I'm working on and will have pics today sometime.

Originally posted by BlueSquad2001@Mar 9 2006, 08:32 PM
We're shipping the pre-orders out by the first of the week, and should have all pre-orders filled by the weeks end. Later. :D
[snapback]1202419[/snapback]​

Can you PM details of my order? Not sure if I am a pre order, but I did pay in full for one. For some reason I no longer have permission to view the thread over at Colonial fleet.

Steve

Originally posted by JP05+Mar 9 2006, 03:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JP05 @ Mar 9 2006, 03:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-BlueSquad2001
@Mar 9 2006, 08:32 PM
We're shipping the pre-orders out by the first of the week, and should have all pre-orders filled by the weeks end. Later. :D
[snapback]1202419[/snapback]​

Can you PM details of my order? Not sure if I am a pre order, but I did pay in full for one. For some reason I no longer have permission to view the thread over at Colonial fleet.

Steve
[snapback]1202496[/snapback]​
[/b]
E-mail me at home with details about why you "are'nt allowed" to view the thread.

Originally posted by JP05@Apr 2 2006, 05:47 AM
Any word on this kit yet?  Have not heard back from Bluesquad on this.
[snapback]1218122[/snapback]​
This is what Michael stated on the Colonial Fleets Board on last Tuesday, March 28...

:) :) :) The mailing will begin for sure Monday of next week. The reason it's still delayed is because we are in the learning and growing process, which I'm sure Spcglider will let all of you know that being my first kit, it was a huge and often held up learning process and undertaking. But since that mountain has been scaled, all is moving faster and more efficient.
The following is a list of all in order to recieve their Vipers. They are getting set to fly. This is for pre-orders only. All others will be sent following.
1.Cristopher (Aussie Viper)
2.Robert Burns
3.Peter Noble.
4. Christopher (Dobber.)
5.Starship Modeler
6.Barry Lewis
7.Gordon (Spcglider)
8.Tony Augustin
All others on pre-order has also purchased build-up services with lights and full weathering.
1. Dilbertman (2)
2. Kurt...(You know who you are.)
3. And Tom DeSanto.
:) :) :)

Since Michael is new to this kind of artistry work, he is wanting it to be correct before shipping and thus the delays. Tomorrow is the Monday he referred to as the shipping day for the pre-orders. I will post again when I know for cetainthat he has begun shipping.

BTW... he will be attending this years Wonderfest with these kits and some impressive others... as well as a very large project I had comissioned him to do. The update photos of that very large project commission, of which he sent me, look great and it will be unmistakable when everyone veiws it. :thumbsup :D :thumbsup

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back