"studio scale desanto viper"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dobber @ Apr 19 2006, 02:34 PM) [snapback]1229242[/snapback]</div>
Thanks for letting us know what is going on Michael, I understood you not wanting to be distracted by all the different forums, and pestering questions and such, but I was wondering what was going on too. Just didn't want to bother you.

Good news indeed. Looking forward to next week..

Chris
[/b]
Hey Chris, loose my number did ya? :eek
Don't be a stranger.
And talked to Kurt the other night, and even though was somewhat insane, momentarily :p
REFUSED TO SHIP one viper until someone here lets me call them "Schmecky..." :p
There Kurt, now that we got that straightened out, I can rest easy.
The Vipers will fly when someone says "Hey Mike, you can call me "Schmecky."
Ahhh the life of an artist.
Spoke to Mr. DeSanto yesterday, and as of now, we are still designing the Raider and it's almost done.
Great news. And cannot wait to get started on that monster.
So c'mon I need ta here from someone who'll let me call them "SCHMECKY" :wacko
I thought about calling someone over in the Washinton area "Schmecky" cause it really fits. But decided that there too soggy over there anyway to be picked on. Have fun you guys, it's back to the laugh factory for me. :D

Hi Mike. Na, I didn't loose your number just figured I wait till the Vipers ship so I wouldn't add to the number off people calling. CAn't wait for the Viper, it's my Birthday this comming Tues so this will be a Birthday treat for me.. I'll give you a call over the weekend.

Chris

P.S. You can call me SCHMECKY.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dobber @ Apr 20 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1229997[/snapback]</div>
Hi Mike. Na, I didn't loose your number just figured I wait till the Vipers ship so I wouldn't add to the number off people calling. CAn't wait for the Viper, it's my Birthday this comming Tues so this will be a Birthday treat for me.. I'll give you a call over the weekend.

Chris

P.S. You can call me SCHMECKY.
[/b]
Yuk Yuk Yuk.... (_J_)

Give me a ring. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueSquad2001 @ Apr 23 2006, 11:58 PM) [snapback]1232080[/snapback]</div>
Go over to the fleets for the latest in shipping and final pics that were forgotten. :D
http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showt...0719#post240719
[/b]
VERY KEWL MICHAEL... :thumbsup :D :thumbsup

I'm really looking forward to the build-up pics.

That reminds me that I have to call my case guy and arrange one for this beauty. :eek: How long do you think the build will take? Did you decide to light the beast or not?

This is a great way to start a Monday. :p A little less stress in another week of S#*t. :confused

Thanks for the update Michael. :p Please let Terri know we all appreciate her efforts as well. :D

GREAT WORK... :thumbsup :D :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kuhn Global @ Apr 24 2006, 08:10 AM) [snapback]1232153[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueSquad2001 @ Apr 23 2006, 11:58 PM) [snapback]1232080[/snapback]
Go over to the fleets for the latest in shipping and final pics that were forgotten. :D
[/b]

That reminds me that I have to call my case guy and arrange one for this beauty. :eek: How long do you think the build will take? Did you decide to light the beast or not?

This is a great way to start a Monday. :p A little less stress in another week of S#*t. :confused

Thanks for the update Michael. :p Please let Terri know we all appreciate her efforts as well. :D

[/b][/quote]
Kurt, I've decided that I'm no longer interested in Galactica models. I've decided I'd like to go into making actual life castings of certain ADULT "Female" movie stars private parts. And in different colors. :D
Such as Christy Canyons left ear, or Jenna Jameson's upper eye lid. It'll be the best. B)
Now I know that these are not THE USUAL things freaky people like to invest in, but hey, they already offer everything else, these things will just make it special. B)

:D <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueSquad2001 @ Apr 25 2006, 11:39 AM) [snapback]1232869[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kuhn Global @ Apr 24 2006, 08:10 AM) [snapback]1232153[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueSquad2001 @ Apr 23 2006, 11:58 PM) [snapback]1232080[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Kurt, I've decided that I'm no longer interested in Galactica models. I've decided I'd like to go into making actual life castings of certain ADULT "Female" movie stars private parts. And in different colors. :D
Such as Christy Canyons left ear, or Jenna Jameson's upper eye lid. It'll be the best. B)
Now I know that these are not THE USUAL things freaky people like to invest in, but hey, they already offer everything else, these things will just make it special. B)
[/b][/quote]

LOLOLOL...can ya feel me smiling? :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueSquad2001 @ Apr 23 2006, 11:58 PM) [snapback]1232080[/snapback]</div>
In the mean time. We have gotten together a few boxes for shipping, and are about ready to do that. Terri (Warriorchemist) says that we'll ship on Thurs as that is our main shipping day for all of our commission art works, and theres no sense in making numerous trips. It'll be THUR...Finally you all get your vipers...
I'm thrilled.

[/b]

Looks like today is the day according to Michael's Colonial Fleets post. :D

Since Michael is actually building up my Viper, I would love to see pics of everyone's kits when they get them. :)

ATTENTION... ACHTUNG...

I need these people on the list to contact me today regarding the shipment of their viper orders.

1.Cristopher (Aussie Viper)
2.Robert Burns
3.Peter Noble.
4. Christopher (Dobber.)
5.Starship Modeler

Please make haste on this because I have lots to do, and you want your vipers.

A DeSanto Viper update...

Michael's best friend (Lucky, who was like a brother to him) unexpectedly passed away a few days ago and Michael is pretty shaken up, just as I would be in that situation. As I spoke with Michael yesterday evening, even through his grief, he continued to cast the vipers and speak to me of other projects on the bench.

He has been receiving condolence calls from many including Tom DeSanto and even Dirk Benedict (who played the original Starbuck). I want to thank those that have shown Michael the proper respect that is needed at this time, especially DeSanto and Benedict of whom he well respects and appreciated their calls.

Michael asked me to give this update on the RPF of the DeSanto Viper castings.

He continues to cast Viper orders and has been having trouble casting the guns on the Viper. He has enlisted the help of Gordon Smuder (I hope I got that correct Gordon) to cast these guns for him. Michael stated the guns are very detailed and they just werenÂ’t coming out like he wanted in his casting of them. He is determined to get the orders filled even in his time of grief.

I want to thank Michael for his continued work. Commitment is extremely hard to find these days, especially during times of this sort.

Be Well My Friend.

Just saw this post on Colonial Fleets by Gordon S.

It reads:

"I'm going to be helping him with the last few bits of the DeViper so we can put that project to bed and he can get on with the rest of the projects he's been doing (as well as lose a little of that "Oh my ghod...its just never going to end." karma).

I'm sure it's been a completely overwhelming time for both he AND Terri.

But hey, that's what networks are for. When one part takes a hit, the other parts step up and handle the load and make things stable. We are happy to be the Colonial Fleets Network."[/b]

Thanks for assisting Michael and Terri with the DeSanto Viper project Gordon. I am certain this will be of great service to them,... and all of us too.

Wow......my heartfelt prayers to Michael........sorry to hear about this.

Nice to hear folks are pitching in and helping. I was wondering what was going on with the project as I had not heard anything but saw a kit on Ebay.

Looking forward to seeing this project done so I can start building mine :)

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ May 10 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1242003[/snapback]</div>
Just saw this post on Colonial Fleets by Gordon S.

It reads:

<div class='quotetop'>
"I'm going to be helping him with the last few bits of the DeViper so we can put that project to bed and he can get on with the rest of the projects he's been doing (as well as lose a little of that "Oh my ghod...its just never going to end." karma).

I'm sure it's been a completely overwhelming time for both he AND Terri.

But hey, that's what networks are for. When one part takes a hit, the other parts step up and handle the load and make things stable. We are happy to be the Colonial Fleets Network."[/b]

Thanks for assisting Michael and Terri with the DeSanto Viper project Gordon. I am certain this will be of great service to them,... and all of us too.
[/b][/quote]

Its been two weeks since Michael was supposed to send out the cannon originals. I haven't gotten them yet.

As soon as they arrive, I will get them under silicone. Hopefully it won't take too long. I haven't told Michael yet, but while I have the molds here, I will try to crank out the ten sets of guns he needs to fill the orders. I have a pressure casting chamber so they should turn out good.

Michael has "gone dark" though and I have yet to get a reply from him or Terri. If you're out there Mike, ping me and let me know you're hangin in there.

-Gordon

<div class='quotetop'>(autoprops713 @ May 17 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]1245970[/snapback]</div>
I've seen these on Ebay recently. It sounded like weeks ago the pre-orders were ready to be shipped. What's going on?
[/b]
I'm on this, and it has been a problem. I am getting with Gordon today, and finishing up.
That an trying to get back into the world of the living. That is what is going on.
And Kurt, if you wanna call someone about these, then call me.

<div class='quotetop'>(JP05 @ May 27 2006, 05:25 PM) [snapback]1251904[/snapback]</div>
Any updates?
[/b]

Gordon (SPCGLIDER) posted this on Colonial Fleets on May 26.
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Michael can't tell you because even he doesn't know.

I'm the one who can tell you.

Mike was having troubles with the canons and the canopies. I'm helping him out with some mold-making and casting here at my facility. I have a pressure casting tank.

If he hadn't already traded his soul away for a Fender guitar, it would be mine.

I am working on it. I will have the parts cast as quickly as possible. In fact, I am workig in-between work (real, honest to god, WORK work) projects to move the casting along in the most effacacious manner.

So the answer? Couple of weeks probably. I hope to have the cannons cast by this weekend. But then there's the canopies, shipping back to Mike, packing, etc. etc.

When you do get your kit, I promise you won't be disappointed. Please extend us your patience one more time.

-Gordon
[/b]

Sounds promising. :D

Thanks KG .. Been waiting this long....whats a few more weeks. hehe Will give me some time to finish the SS vipers I have started :)

Steve

Gordon (spcglider),

I had heard through the grapevine that your castings of the Canopy and Guns are going very well. I would love to see pics of them if you are able. I can't wait to see your addition to Michael's creation. :)

Anticipation is stirring. ;)

Thanks again for the huge assist on Michael's "DeSanto Viper Kit".

<div class='quotetop'>(JP05 @ May 28 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]1252194[/snapback]</div>
Thanks KG .. Been waiting this long....whats a few more weeks. hehe Will give me some time to finish the SS vipers I have started :)

Steve
[/b]
LOL... no problem Steve. I am very much looking forward to this kit as well. ;)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back