Studio scale Death Star1 or 2?

Egon Spengler

Master Member
Looking to find out if anyone has built one or if anyone can provide me with some information on building one.

This would be a great item to have. I've looked at the photos and description on toysrgus.com and although there are some helpful photos I'm still not sure about the size of the globe and obviously other details.

Info on either death star would be good.

how about...

LEGO DEATH STAR...

legodeathstar.jpg

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=10143&cn=4&d=5&t=3

:D

Nice. I'll email him. I wonder whatever happened to the Death Star 2 model. I know that it didn't actually look like it did on screen. They reversed the image of it. The section that was still under construction was on the left side when you see the real model supposedly. They flipped it for the film, or so I've read.

Originally posted by Spike Spiegel@Mar 12 2005, 06:09 PM
They flipped it for the film, or so I've read.
[snapback]944875[/snapback]​

Correct. (Or flopped it, rather, as flipping means a top-to-bottom rotation.) After they'd aready completed several shots of it, they realized they were lighting it from the wrong direction--all the ships they'd been shooting approaching the DS and Endor had been strongly lit from one side to represent the light from the local sun. Rather than reshoot, they just kept going and flopped the DS element on every shot during compositing.

Originally posted by Spike Spiegel@Mar 12 2005, 11:09 PM
Nice. I'll email him. I wonder whatever happened to the Death Star 2 model. I know that it didn't actually look like it did on screen. They reversed the image of it. The section that was still under construction was on the left side when you see the real model supposedly. They flipped it for the film, or so I've read.
[snapback]944875[/snapback]​

I believe the 2nd DS model is in the LFL archives......

Originally posted by Pauleysolo@Jul 20 2005, 10:16 PM
Yes DS 2 is in the archives I saw it during a private tour in 1997
[snapback]1038075[/snapback]​

they showed it when seth green was in the archives for the ep3 MTV thing.

(yes i sat through a whole episode of TRL... screw you for judging me... LOL.)

Originally posted by Lello999+Mar 12 2005, 03:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lello999 @ Mar 12 2005, 03:33 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-phase pistol
@Mar 12 2005, 08:03 AM
how about...

LEGO DEATH STAR...

legodeathstar.jpg

[snapback]944619[/snapback]​

Well, I was thinking about posting this as well :D

Well, Gus Lopez has one

here´s the link. He´s a very friendly guy, You might try to contact him

Domenik
[snapback]944626[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ok I have to wonder how paranoid Gus is really... I mean why have a security cam placed inside your own house????? ;) (you can see it in the shots with the gold records and the Han one....)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back