"Studio Scale" BSG Assault Raptor

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's another thing I'm looking forward to in 2012. I'm fulfilling a dream accompaniment to the 1/24th Miniseries Raptor from a couple of years ago, and am bringing the "Assault" or "Heavy" Raptor to life! This vehicle was completely redesigned as the show progressed, so it is a very different animal from the Miniseries version that a lot of you guys have (including myself!). The build will will feature all of the weaponry, full interior, pilots, and is being constructed to be VERY light-friendly. The best part? It's being made from the original meshes, so it is DEAD accurate. Here's a preview - I'm so excited!!!

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

I'm pretty excited, and yeah, I will certainly be a lot poorer when I get this one under the belt. Still no where near the Blimp, in terms of expense, though!

But hey - you and I can consider ourselves richer in experience, right? That means something, right? RIGHT?!?! (starts crying, runs out of room)

Hi Jason, this is amazing. is your prototype going to be 3D-printed? Was wondering - what software are you using to draw the model? Thanks in advance.

Totally rad, I can't wait to see it finished. After reading the thread title I was a little disappointed to see that you aren't building a full size raptor though. The only one that was actually built was 1:1.

Hi Jason, this is amazing. is your prototype going to be 3D-printed? Was wondering - what software are you using to draw the model? Thanks in advance.

Yep. And I'm not using anything - I have subcontracted that out to someone who does this for a living!

id be very interested in a kit. though i will definitely need guidance when it comes to lighting

Remember blue thunder? Remember the scene where the helicopter rises up from the rear of the building? Now picture the same scene with the assault raptor, rising up to do some damage to the cylons lol!

Sure, I'd be interested. The version looks great with the weapons pods and missles.

I got a 1/24 scale Raptor a while back, and I was curious whether anyone had made the modification parts for the assault version. But you're saying there were more modifications than add-on parts, yes?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back