Studio Scale Batwing ('89 Film)

Hey guys.

It's in storage right now, I gave up my place for some extended time at my parent's because of some surgery. When I am back to L.A. and get settled into a new place to live and everything out of storage I will probably revive this project but it won't be until later this year.

Re: Studio Scale Batwing ('89 Film)

I'll have my stuff out of storage mid month so we can re-ignite this project for anyone who's interested.

JV

I've been told someone else is restoring one of these so I don't know if it's worth the effort?

I hope you continue on it. If there is another in the works, it
hasn't been posted about that I have seen. I say keep
going on yours! :thumbsup

giving this thread a BIG bump. recently purchased this kit and will take off where jvasilatos left off. please post any input you have and I will be looking for a caster when im done with my part

How many people are working on the Batwing?

I was also given one of these to restore, re detail, then mold and cast it in fiberglass.

blackwood bat on the batman forums was working on one almost a year ago -but that never ended up going anywhere - at least there were no updates on it.

now that Cougar 184 has taken over jvasilatos' batwing.. who knows maybe Cougar can finish the badboy off.

Those are the only two I've ever heard of in the last few years that were in the works...

Those two and of course yours :angel

Oh ok. Well it's a lot of work I can tell you, the original is pretty rough.

I'm not producing kits of it by the way, I'm only making enough castings for a couple of build ups.

im not planning on producing too many kits just enough to justify the cost...

Can you give me a ballpark idea of what you would want for a cast after it's done? I just want to see if it's within my budget or if I'll have to live vicariously through you. He he. I'm obsessed with anything to do with 89 Batman.

-Jason M

Last edited:

I have no idea yet. still need to get it restored and find a caster. as soon as the restoration is done ill most likely put together a list a run and when its done it done...

I finished one of those kits for a friend, it was a lot of work,
and I used a licensed 89 Batman action figure to sit in the Batwing.
If anyone needs help he can mail me.
this kit is a pain to finish, and it took me months to finish it!
Red

Last edited:

That looks good, but the "glass" is missing a few details. Not trying to detract because it's a VERY nice buildup, but figured you should know they were missing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back