Studio scale at the UK RPF Prop meet!

ralphee

Sr Member
Well, what a great first venue, so many aspects of the hobby im normally pretty ignorant to, the talent on this board is just amazing, time to take off the Starwars blinders lol.
Anyhoo, we managed to get a fair bit of studio scale in the door, being biased to this, it was a HUGE buzz to see people taking and interest and asking questions, some of them even knew what the little blue pods were lol.
Anyhow, i think Guy took a lot more images than me, but this was our little spread, which wouldnt have been possible without the help, of some very awesome UK RPF and TDH lads, you did us proud chaps!

lee
RPFUKPropmeet030.jpg

Mate, thanks for taking the pic, the spread of models is just awesome.
Just like a mini ILM shot.
See, this is just the sort of event i wish we had going on here in NZ more often. Hmmm, maybe I need to get down to Wellington & visit the Weta Workshop Propstore & do some drooling over their props?. :behave
Stu

Stu thanks buddy, i hope its a sign of more to come with the RPF in the UK, i really hope the lads ask us back, as it was a pleasure to display them alongside some breathtaking props and armor.

I think we got a lot of the public, and a few other members pondering a build or two, which for me is a big thing, its great to inspire and bring this area of the hobby to the masses, im still really sad i couldnt do both days.

Now i really do need to finish up commision work and get to my Snowspeeder and Cloud car, be great to have them next time.

lee

Lee ya should get a shot of you surrounded by those babies. Put on a flannel shirt and stand with ya arms crossed. Maybe next year with ya other models ... And maybe a slave if Guy gets his finger out.

Simon i know what you mean, seeing all these models together was just awesome, kinda made all the work we ALL put in so worth it.

Well, after today its done for the year, but again, if were welcome back as studio scale, and maybe a bit more room, i alone have a few more up my sleeve.......and yeah, just imagine having Guys Slave there.

lee

I wanted to go to this prop meet, to bad I wasnt able to come !
Looks like you had a lot of fun, very nice display, I would have love to see your models in person and meet you guys !

I wanted to go to this prop meet, to bad I wasnt able to come !
Looks like you had a lot of fun, very nice display, I would have love to see your models in person and meet you guys !

Julien, id have probably passed out if you had come, id flip out to meet you one day, truthfully.
Maybe the next time? Though, like Phil, we would have to ban certian models you guys have built, just due to itll make the rest of us look lacklustre :lol.

lee

Thanks guys, one day Julien I promise mate.

It was quite funny, as the day went on the stuff slowly started moving closer and closer towards the Falcon away from the edge of the table. There where so many people at times you couldn't see them and lots of rucksacks swinging around, quite scary.

You would swear Phil's Falcon had a sweet aroma coming from it as people just bent down and shoved there nose right into it.

Its there again today if people want to get down and have a sniff.

A few more shots
Dish.jpg

Crisp.jpg

This chap never did get to eat his cake, just too much to talk about
NotYet.jpg

Shameless plug!
Nice.jpg

Giant AT-ST
Massive.jpg

These 2 just wouldn't leave us alone, proper geeks. That one on the right actually went to spit on the Probe droid....some people eh!!! Nice to see Boba taking an interest in the Falcon Build bible
Trouble.jpg

Great pics Guy, was great spending the day with you again. That fella with the Gremlins Tee really did do a fantastic job on the Falcon though eh? :lol.

lee

Guy, you really need to go all David Dickinson with those specs mate LOL, get a headband heh.......cheap as chips :lol.

lee

I know mate, it was bound to happen.I think I'd rather have his Tan first :behave.

I've been a bit gutted all day we weren't there still, one good thing is I've smoked less :lol, Simon has your blue cloth mate and will drop it off. I bet the Falcon looked a lot better today without all those trinkets arond it to clutter it up :lol:lol.

I know mate, it was bound to happen.I think I'd rather have his Tan first :behave.

I've been a bit gutted all day we weren't there still, one good thing is I've smoked less :lol, Simon has your blue cloth mate and will drop it off. I bet the Falcon looked a lot better today without all those trinkets arond it to clutter it up :lol:lol.

Guy im the same, bit flat today, was really hyped up, and real down we didnt stay, but i know id have been wasted for work, and not seen the Princess at all.

Blue cloth, ah its cool, Simon can always hang on to it for the next time.

Jason thanks, about time we guys did something like this, and if this is only the start for Rob, Simon and Co, they are onto a brilliant thing.

lee

I just cheered myself up by pulling a test for the Entex door, I know I'll end up using casts but I want to nock one up just to see how wrong or close I am. Its a good little test for me. You would not believe the system I used to get the former working, we've got a new Dyson and its not got any standard round fittings... I wedged a roll of cling film inside the pipe then used cling film at each end to seal it......Worked a treat even on 2mm Sheet.

I digress!

Guy im the same, bit flat today, was really hyped up, and real down we didnt stay, but i know id have been wasted for work, and not seen the Princess at all.

Blue cloth, ah its cool, Simon can always hang on to it for the next time.

Jason thanks, about time we guys did something like this, and if this is only the start for Rob, Simon and Co, they are onto a brilliant thing.

lee

Cheers Jason,

Agreed Lee, more of this would be great to see in the UK, it was Star Wars Heaven for some of those Kids....(n adults) cough cough :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back