Studio scale at the UK RPF Prop meet!

Hi Lee and Guy,

Some really nice photos of really excellent studio scale models there. It was good to meet you both and hope to see you again at some point in the future. It was a brilliant weekend and a shame you couldn't have been there for Sunday too.

Tony

Glad you enjoyed it Tony, as you can see, we did too :lol. Cant recall who you were, but if you came over for a chat, again, glad we had you leaving the show, with thoughts of studio replicas in mind!

lee

Simon, thats Guy's Y wing, there is a build thread on her here, keep up buddy lol.
I didnt take any, but im sure somebody photographed her, another great paint up!

Lee

I'd just like to add to this if i may, the Studio Scaled Section of the Prop Party was a massive integral part of the whole weekend it was fantastic to see all the public so facinated buy all of your talents.

I cant believe you guys hide away in this Model section and never venture to other parts of the forum, you have so much to offer this board.

Thank you all som much for getting Involved and coming along, you kept the crowds fully informed and educated.

As you all are aware we have been invited to attend some more Events next year, and i will promise that more space will be given to you and you will be allocated an area of your own which is truly deserved. whoever suggested the Display Island for the scaled models was a genuis :love

Well done guys and once again thank you.

dsc0011za.jpg

It was an absolute pleasure Simon, thanks for having us mate. Lets go for double the size next year cos lets be honest in 5 years time it'll be our event instead of Memorabilia.

Yeah I know , but they all look so damn fine on the table together. They look great in that light. Maybe a sexy shot of the Y with the falcon out of focus behind? Anyone? Ooohhh!

It was an absolute pleasure Simon, thanks for having us mate. Lets go for double the size next year cos lets be honest in 5 years time it'll be our event instead of Memorabilia.

Definately mate, the Studio scaled Models were so popular that it has to have a bigger influence next time on the display as a whole.

i just wish that i had more time to take a closer look, take more pictures and get to know you all a little better

Simon got it, this is my first time in the public eye, and im hooked, so im in for the haul now bud, and this time ill be doing whole weekends, was really proud to be an RPF member more than ever this past weekend!

Lee

hats off to you guys..
Guy, your photographs look great (it can be pretty damn hard to focus with that kinda stuff and at a given distance.
Lee, did you have the AT-ST standing there on his bare feet (sans stand)!?!? Are you nutty? I can understand being afraid for the Falcon with everything getting closer, but that chicken coulda took a nose dive.
Guy, ...**slobber** the taun looks sooo damn sweet.
All, looking at the table with ALL the pieces.... the total is more than the sum of its parts. its like looking at a pic at the archives....like a big feast and you don't know where to start (looking) first.

congrats

Great work promoting the interest in the models, they will have brought back a lot of happy memories for the many people who saw them. That Falcon looks like a great centre piece, even amoungst all those other treasures. Got to admire your courage in displaying them in those crowded halls though, should have been put behind bullet proof glass or force shields given the amount of man hours you put in on them. The costumes behind them look superb as well. You almost managed a mini Starwars archive prop show! And without Georges approval.

Definately mate, the Studio scaled Models were so popular that it has to have a bigger influence next time on the display as a whole.

i just wish that i had more time to take a closer look, take more pictures and get to know you all a little better

Thanks Simon, we were all busy boys n girls that day. I did mean buy Our event the whole stand not just Studio scale, between the RPF and the other sites it was a show stopper at the event.

Thanks Simon, we were all busy boys n girls that day. I did mean buy Our event the whole stand not just Studio scale, between the RPF and the other sites it was a show stopper at the event.

I think we have learned a lot from this show to take into the next one.

Next time we will display the Props and models in a much better way.

No matter how many time's i spoke to the event organisor's about us and the space i initially requested, they just didnt get us !!!
the Owner of the event spent nearly an hour talking with me and admiring the displays, he was over the moon with us and actually apologised for not bowing to my demands for more room, and now they understand the need for more space and to a certian extent more security barrier's.

The next event will be bigger and better and on top of that the organisor's will help us more as they understand what we bring to the Event as a whole.

I did my best for you all and in the end it all come together and worked out better than anyone could have expected

Hey guys,

As requested..Guy's Y
ycrop.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

This was stunning !

IMG_5077.jpg

IMG_5078.jpg

It's all in the details..
IMG_5080.jpg

Knife edge pass..
IMG_5034.jpg

Lee's Awesome ATST..a bit blurry, must've been a bit over exited..me not the model..
IMG_5036.jpg

Guy's stunning A
IMG_5037.jpg

Can't get enough pods..
IMG_5079.jpg

Roll on the next one !!

Cheers

Phil

Heh, great pics Phil, but did you have to get close up's of my stuff, everybody can see im a hack now LOL.

Again, amazing time, and so glad to meet you buddy, top bloke, ill shoot you a PM back in the morning sir, its taking an age to post this as our Broadband is on the fritz...arrgghh!

Hope you really did get to eat that cake Phil lol.

lee

Stu thanks buddy, i hope its a sign of more to come with the RPF in the UK, i really hope the lads ask us back, as it was a pleasure to display them alongside some breathtaking props and armor.

lee

Lee
The Studio Scaled Model section is as part of the RPF as any other costume or prop build that get's posted here.

Your damn right you guys will be back, and definately with more space.

Stop posting and get building man, whats wrong with you :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back