Studio scale at the UK RPF Prop meet!

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by ralphee, Nov 19, 2011.

1. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Well, what a great first venue, so many aspects of the hobby im normally pretty ignorant to, the talent on this board is just amazing, time to take off the Starwars blinders lol.
    Anyhoo, we managed to get a fair bit of studio scale in the door, being biased to this, it was a HUGE buzz to see people taking and interest and asking questions, some of them even knew what the little blue pods were lol.
    Anyhow, i think Guy took a lot more images than me, but this was our little spread, which wouldnt have been possible without the help, of some very awesome UK RPF and TDH lads, you did us proud chaps!

lee
    [​IMG]

2. eagle1

eagle1 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Mate, thanks for taking the pic, the spread of models is just awesome.
    Just like a mini ILM shot.
    See, this is just the sort of event i wish we had going on here in NZ more often. Hmmm, maybe I need to get down to Wellington & visit the Weta Workshop Propstore & do some drooling over their props?. :behave
    Stu

3. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Stu thanks buddy, i hope its a sign of more to come with the RPF in the UK, i really hope the lads ask us back, as it was a pleasure to display them alongside some breathtaking props and armor.

I think we got a lot of the public, and a few other members pondering a build or two, which for me is a big thing, its great to inspire and bring this area of the hobby to the masses, im still really sad i couldnt do both days.

Now i really do need to finish up commision work and get to my Snowspeeder and Cloud car, be great to have them next time.

lee

4. jedimaster

jedimaster Sr Member

Lee ya should get a shot of you surrounded by those babies. Put on a flannel shirt and stand with ya arms crossed. Maybe next year with ya other models ... And maybe a slave if Guy gets his finger out.

5. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Simon i know what you mean, seeing all these models together was just awesome, kinda made all the work we ALL put in so worth it.

Well, after today its done for the year, but again, if were welcome back as studio scale, and maybe a bit more room, i alone have a few more up my sleeve.......and yeah, just imagine having Guys Slave there.

lee

6. MonsieurTox

MonsieurTox Master Member

I wanted to go to this prop meet, to bad I wasnt able to come !
    Looks like you had a lot of fun, very nice display, I would have love to see your models in person and meet you guys !

7. STEVE THE SWEDE

STEVE THE SWEDE Sr Member

Now thats a mouth watering table! Delicious!

Cheers,
    Steve

8. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

An incredible collection of stuff there guys!

9. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Julien, id have probably passed out if you had come, id flip out to meet you one day, truthfully.
    Maybe the next time? Though, like Phil, we would have to ban certian models you guys have built, just due to itll make the rest of us look lacklustre :lol.

lee

10. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

Thanks guys, one day Julien I promise mate.

It was quite funny, as the day went on the stuff slowly started moving closer and closer towards the Falcon away from the edge of the table. There where so many people at times you couldn't see them and lots of rucksacks swinging around, quite scary.

You would swear Phil's Falcon had a sweet aroma coming from it as people just bent down and shoved there nose right into it.

Its there again today if people want to get down and have a sniff.

A few more shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This chap never did get to eat his cake, just too much to talk about
    [​IMG]

Shameless plug!
    [​IMG]

Giant AT-ST
    [​IMG]

These 2 just wouldn't leave us alone, proper geeks. That one on the right actually went to spit on the Probe droid....some people eh!!! Nice to see Boba taking an interest in the Falcon Build bible
    [​IMG]

11. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Great pics Guy, was great spending the day with you again. That fella with the Gremlins Tee really did do a fantastic job on the Falcon though eh? :lol.

lee

12. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

Guess who cant find his Glasses?

13. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

Found em

14. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Guy, you really need to go all David Dickinson with those specs mate LOL, get a headband heh.......cheap as chips :lol.

lee

15. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

I know mate, it was bound to happen.I think I'd rather have his Tan first :behave.

I've been a bit gutted all day we weren't there still, one good thing is I've smoked less :lol, Simon has your blue cloth mate and will drop it off. I bet the Falcon looked a lot better today without all those trinkets arond it to clutter it up :lol:lol.

16. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

17. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I need to hit the UK, stat!!! Looks awesome!!!!

18. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Guy im the same, bit flat today, was really hyped up, and real down we didnt stay, but i know id have been wasted for work, and not seen the Princess at all.

Blue cloth, ah its cool, Simon can always hang on to it for the next time.

Jason thanks, about time we guys did something like this, and if this is only the start for Rob, Simon and Co, they are onto a brilliant thing.

lee

19. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

I just cheered myself up by pulling a test for the Entex door, I know I'll end up using casts but I want to nock one up just to see how wrong or close I am. Its a good little test for me. You would not believe the system I used to get the former working, we've got a new Dyson and its not got any standard round fittings... I wedged a roll of cling film inside the pipe then used cling film at each end to seal it......Worked a treat even on 2mm Sheet.

I digress!

20. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

Cheers Jason,

Agreed Lee, more of this would be great to see in the UK, it was Star Wars Heaven for some of those Kids....(n adults) cough cough :lol

21. jangotony

jangotony New Member

Hi Lee and Guy,

Some really nice photos of really excellent studio scale models there. It was good to meet you both and hope to see you again at some point in the future. It was a brilliant weekend and a shame you couldn't have been there for Sunday too.

Tony

22. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Glad you enjoyed it Tony, as you can see, we did too :lol. Cant recall who you were, but if you came over for a chat, again, glad we had you leaving the show, with thoughts of studio replicas in mind!

lee

23. stukatrooper

stukatrooper New Member

It was great to see the faces behind the tallent on these boards,a real show stopper this weekend at the NEC.Tip my hat to all involved.

24. jedimaster

jedimaster Sr Member

Blah blah probe droid... Blah blah falcon. Post some bloody pix of the Y could ya?.........please.

25. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

I didn't take any :confused

26. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Simon, thats Guy's Y wing, there is a build thread on her here, keep up buddy lol.
    I didnt take any, but im sure somebody photographed her, another great paint up!

Lee

27. Supa troop

Supa troop Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd just like to add to this if i may, the Studio Scaled Section of the Prop Party was a massive integral part of the whole weekend it was fantastic to see all the public so facinated buy all of your talents.

I cant believe you guys hide away in this Model section and never venture to other parts of the forum, you have so much to offer this board.

Thank you all som much for getting Involved and coming along, you kept the crowds fully informed and educated.

As you all are aware we have been invited to attend some more Events next year, and i will promise that more space will be given to you and you will be allocated an area of your own which is truly deserved. whoever suggested the Display Island for the scaled models was a genuis :love

Well done guys and once again thank you.

[​IMG]

28. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

It was an absolute pleasure Simon, thanks for having us mate. Lets go for double the size next year cos lets be honest in 5 years time it'll be our event instead of Memorabilia.

Supa troop likes this.
  29. jedimaster

jedimaster Sr Member

Yeah I know , but they all look so * fine on the table together. They look great in that light. Maybe a sexy shot of the Y with the falcon out of focus behind? Anyone? Ooohhh!

30. Supa troop

Definately mate, the Studio scaled Models were so popular that it has to have a bigger influence next time on the display as a whole.

i just wish that i had more time to take a closer look, take more pictures and get to know you all a little better

31. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Simon got it, this is my first time in the public eye, and im hooked, so im in for the haul now bud, and this time ill be doing whole weekends, was really proud to be an RPF member more than ever this past weekend!

Lee

32. qcfoundry

qcfoundry Sr Member

hats off to you guys..
    Guy, your photographs look great (it can be pretty * hard to focus with that kinda stuff and at a given distance.
    Lee, did you have the AT-ST standing there on his bare feet (sans stand)!?!? Are you nutty? I can understand being afraid for the Falcon with everything getting closer, but that chicken coulda took a nose dive.
    Guy, ...**slobber** the taun looks sooo * sweet.
    All, looking at the table with ALL the pieces.... the total is more than the sum of its parts. its like looking at a pic at the archives....like a big feast and you don't know where to start (looking) first.

congrats

33. CutThumb

CutThumb Sr Member

Great work promoting the interest in the models, they will have brought back a lot of happy memories for the many people who saw them. That Falcon looks like a great centre piece, even amoungst all those other treasures. Got to admire your courage in displaying them in those crowded halls though, should have been put behind bullet proof glass or force shields given the amount of man hours you put in on them. The costumes behind them look superb as well. You almost managed a mini Starwars archive prop show! And without Georges approval.

34. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

Thanks Simon, we were all busy boys n girls that day. I did mean buy Our event the whole stand not just Studio scale, between the RPF and the other sites it was a show stopper at the event.

35. Supa troop

I think we have learned a lot from this show to take into the next one.

Next time we will display the Props and models in a much better way.

No matter how many time's i spoke to the event organisor's about us and the space i initially requested, they just didnt get us !!!
    the Owner of the event spent nearly an hour talking with me and admiring the displays, he was over the moon with us and actually apologised for not bowing to my demands for more room, and now they understand the need for more space and to a certian extent more security barrier's.

The next event will be bigger and better and on top of that the organisor's will help us more as they understand what we bring to the Event as a whole.

I did my best for you all and in the end it all come together and worked out better than anyone could have expected

36. tk1608

tk1608 Sr Member

Oh Christ !, please photoshop out that guy with the cake !...he's putting me off my lunch..arrghhh!!:sick

Phil

37. tk1608

tk1608 Sr Member

Hey guys,

As requested..Guy's Y
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was stunning !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's all in the details..
    [​IMG]
    Knife edge pass..
    [​IMG]
    Lee's Awesome ATST..a bit blurry, must've been a bit over exited..me not the model..
    [​IMG]
    Guy's stunning A
    [​IMG]
    Can't get enough pods..
    [​IMG]

Roll on the next one !!

Cheers

Phil

38. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Heh, great pics Phil, but did you have to get close up's of my stuff, everybody can see im a hack now LOL.

Again, amazing time, and so glad to meet you buddy, top bloke, ill shoot you a PM back in the morning sir, its taking an age to post this as our Broadband is on the fritz...arrgghh!

Hope you really did get to eat that cake Phil lol.

lee

39. Supa troop

Lee
    The Studio Scaled Model section is as part of the RPF as any other costume or prop build that get's posted here.

Your * right you guys will be back, and definately with more space.

Stop posting and get building man, whats wrong with you :lol

40. tk1608

tk1608 Sr Member

I did eat the cake Lee, tell Elsa it was yummy !

You ain't no hack

Phil

41. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

I had 4 :love

42. jangotony

jangotony New Member

No problems Lee,
    I was Phil's minder ;) as he was scared someone would mug him for his giant pizza.

Tony

43. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Tony, sorry buddy, my head was like a spin dryer lol, good meeting you sir, but you look nothing like Dennis Waterman hehe, look forward to seeing you again for sure!

Guy, thats just greedy lol, i didnt get one, too hyped to eat TBH buddy!

Phil, ill pass that on, glad you did get to scoff it in the end lol!

Lee

44. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

I was pretty down about it all day to be honest Tony, I really wish I had stayed over. Next year for definite, Glad you kept the Falcon and Phil from any harm, at least we had plenty of weapons at hand should it go pear shaped.

See you soon.

45. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

1 for breakfast, 2 for lunch and 1 for afternoon Tea.

46. Supa troop

Guy's check out the main Event Thread, if you need anymore confirmation on how well you did and how your efforts are going to be rewarded its right there in a post from ther EXPO owner himself

47. jedimaster

jedimaster Sr Member

Thanks for the pix Phil. Noice.....