Studio Scale ALIEN & ALIENS Narcissus Retooled, redetailed

I am so glad you have your information, it was worrying me that you would go away empty handed.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Paul

sales@lucasfrancisstudio.com

I was just asking a question and thought your candy coated definition of stealing was interesting...among other things...

But I have what I needed, thank you.

So you are saying that I stole the Narcissus?

Even after offering it to the guy it was promised to and Fox Archives?

What original props do you own and where did you get them?

Paul

Paul, just a simple question......The Narcissus you have/had, it was the original Aliens prop?

Do you still have it? Just interested as an Aliens fan, no other motives so PLEASE don't read any more into the question than there is.

Cheers

Tony

Paul,

I don't think that ship was used by Alien War for there promo's. It wasn't on display when I was there at least. I also remember some Fox executives coming through and they all seemed pretty cool that we were displaying the props from the 3 films.

Pat

I wanted to add that I appreciate Darkside and Paul for stepping in on this thread and letting everyone know this prop may not be super accurate. There are so many props out there that it is impossible to be an expert on all of them. If you know a prop being offered is not 100% you need to say so.

This is not necessarily to Chaucer, but more in general. I don't know how much Chaucer wants to charge for the ship and it may be completely reasonable for what it is.

However, I am soo tired of so many fans offering props for sale and acting like they are the greatest version ever when in fact they are full of errors, disappointment, and sometimes a waste of money. Many times it is hard to tell from the pictures how good something is and then when you get the item you can be very disappointed.

I wish we were a little more disclosing and pointed out the flaws first.

The dowside of that argument is the potential for abuse. A good example being the recent 'Apogee' Vader helmet fiasco, where a product was bashed by a sockpuppeting rival. If you are aiming to buy a high-end prop, check out the seller's rep on the board, talk to someone who has bought one. Do your homework, basically. If you're not sure, don't buy.

There was never an intention of abuse here for the record. It was simply an issue over the quality of a master used in a casting. As a potential customer and collector myself I thought it was important to speak out about it. I don't think Chaucer has any bad intentions , I do think he was lied to about the master he used, as it was not a 1st generation cast and had some serious accuracy problems. Again as Birdie said do a lot of homework and ask many questions before buying a high end prop. Know what you are buying.

Sending and posting photos of the original.

Also if I have extra parts, they are yours if I can find them.

Sell away dude!

Paul

I don't think you can retool a 'Aliens' Narcissus to resemble the 'Alien' one. They are two completely different models with different dimensions.

Yes it showed up the other day and it looks good. Just a minor split due to some rough handling but nothing that can't be repaired. Will be doing some cleanup and triming this weekend.

Thanks for the kudos everyone. This thread and info has been moved to its own thread per peoples request to separate it from this threads discussion.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back