Studio 1/2 Scale TOS BSG - Has it been done?

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by 137th Gebirg, May 9, 2012.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Well-Known Member

Has anyone undertaken, or is currently in the process of undertaking, the construction of a 1/2 studio scale TOS Battlestar? I've heard rumors for years but have never seen anything real. Just curious...

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  2. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

IEDBOUNTYHUNTER Sr Member

I think Charles adams has plans for this. If i remember correctly

3. Watson

Watson Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Mike Salzo made a smaller one but I cannot say for sure if it was half scale.

4. Watson

Watson Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

5. star-art

star-art Sr Member

Many have attempted it, but few have finished. The main reason is the incredible effort required to make all the details. With a full studio-scale replica, you can use existing kit parts. With a scaled replica, every detail has to be either kitbashed or made from scratch.

And, yes, my blueprints are printed 1/2 studio scale. Making them full size proved impractical. Just try finding a place to spread out a 3' X 7' sheet of paper. . . :)

6. Gort

Gort Well-Known Member

Hi

Funnily enough, yes, this project is currently being seriously R&D'd. I'm doing it concurrently with the Falcon ID work here on the RPF. Essentially I have the space to build a half scale Battlestar, but not a full scale Millennium Falcon, so that's now first up on the schedule.

It is, as Charles has said a big undertaking. I'll update once I have come to a definite verdict on the feasibility of the model.

Cheers

Nick

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Well-Known Member

^^^ Very cool. I was hoping that someone out there was making an attempt. Glad to hear it's not a completely dead idea. A half-scale G kit might actually be something I could afford one day. :)