Stripping paint from ABS and Fiberglass

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

clonecollector

Hi... I'm the same clonecollector from over at TDH. I don't really post much here but I think my questions is probably best answered here by members who have experience with painting.

I need to repaint my FP Boba Fett armor. The paint is beginning to peel in places after three years. (from flexing/ moving etc.) It's going to lose the recognizeable ESB damage patterns. Is it feasible to just sand down the paint, re-primer, and begin painting again. (layered method) How far down should I go? Back to the ABS?

I'm also wanting to repaint my helmet. Its an FP MR Premium made of fiberglass. I love this helmet and am considering selling it as is and getting another one... because I can't bring myself to sand it down!:cry I don't want to mess up the sharp details though.

The paint job is not bad I believe. I think I just make it better. It would be the 3rd time Ive painted a Boba Fett helmet. How should I go about stripping this helmet? Sanding also?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.