Jan 2024 UPDATE Robin Hood Prince of Thieves - Pewter Medallion

Pete SSS

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
EDIT Jan 2024:
Well over a decade since I first started these, I’ve done an overhaul of this project. New pattern, new mould, more accurate gemstone.

I’ll leave all the original photos and posts here, just for nostalgia, and so you can see the difference a decade makes! There’s a bit more info on my recent Instagram posts @petefieldingprops

Here’s the new updated medallion.

7D348095-ABBA-4373-A529-D9E3586DCF57.jpeg

0BF42962-82B1-441A-A108-C88735D5540B.jpeg

1DE8A5E7-DC4D-40DA-9533-EC704CDDE554.jpeg

Now back in time to the last time I tinkered with this medallion…
——————————————————————————————————————————

Update! Go through to page 2 to see the progression on this project, directly below is a photo of the new updated medallion

MARK 3? AUGUST 2013

E7-B1CCFCE0065F-13798-00000FB9384357C2_zps23556b3d.jpg

MARK 2 AUGUST 2013

bce0b41b-481b-4ef8-b305-6c5a45789bef.jpg

MARK 1 FROM NOVEMBER 2011

Now, I realise that this film has one or two *cough* little *cough* issues with historical accuracy etc. and as a red blooded Englishman I should hate it, however, I am not ashamed to say that I LOVE this film! It holds a special place in my heart as the first movie I remember seing at the cinema.

There aren't many iconic props from this film, (besides Azeem's sword!) But there is one which stands out, Lord Locksley's medallion that Robin takes from his body. Ever since I started to cast Pewter, I have had this in the back of my mind, recently, I got round to bringing it to life.

So here is my replica of the Locksley Medallion.

RobinHoodPrinceofThieves01.jpg

RobinHoodPrinceofThieves02.jpg

RobinHoodPrinceofThieves03.jpg

Screen cap reference

ref.jpg

It's a solid pewter cast with gold plated wire, and gold leaf applied on the ring at the top. The "jewel" is painted with a high gloss. The Chain should be gold, and a little thicker I think, but I've not got round to finding a more suitable one yet.

I've also started to make a replica of the "Reward Poster" from the film, here's a little sample, it still needs some detective work done on it...

RewardPosterFinishedpreview.jpg

and the reference

PDVD_145.jpg

I want to try and print this poster off at a local printers soon, then I'll finally have the Prince of Thieves display I've wanted since I was 7!

Cheers guys!

Last edited:
Re: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves Medallion

That is so well made Pete :thumbsup

Congrats on a unique prop brought to life !

Re: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves Medallion

I actually really enjoy that movie, as well. Great job on the medallion! I thought Costner's wardrobe in that film was excellent all around.

Re: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves Pewter Medallion

Thanks guys! I took a few more screen caps of the poster and I think I've figured out the last of it, I'll do a bit of work on it this evening, then try to get it printed soon. I think I might make a simple arrow to stick in it too...

Because it's dull, you twit! It'll hurt more!

:lol

Wow, I'm glad you guys piped up, I was beginning to think westies 14 and I were the only people who were willing to admit to enjoying this giulty pleasure!

I finished up the poster and had it printed yesterday, I'll age it a bit tomorrow then put up another pic of them together.

"You whine like a mule. You are still alive."

Are you kidding? I dont feel guilty at all... maybe waterworld. Maybe.

I've got a Kenner Kevin Costner here on my desk and didn't you know Friar Tuck has a gammorean guard costume on under hat robe.

It's a great piece. How did you decide on the size? Looks big glad you went that way.

Are you kidding? I dont feel guilty at all... maybe waterworld. Maybe.

Haha! I've got to admit that Waterworld doesn't really float my boat;)!

I only noticed the Friar Tuck/Gammorean Guard thing a few years ago, however, I remember seeing the Ewok catapults and Village being re issued with the Prince of Thieves logo from back when these were new in the shops. Brilliant, reduce, reuse, recycle and all that!

I just eyeballed the size from the screenshots, I struggled to find any reference to this at all, other that the DVD. It measures about 10cms from top to bottom.

I've soaked the reward poster in some filth, just waiting for it to dry off..

Beautiful work. Just introduced the movie to my kids as HDNet(I think it was) has been playing it recently. Still a fun movie, despite the mullets, accents, etc.

Now how can I talk you into a Mask of Zorro medallion? :cool

Beautiful work. Just introduced the movie to my kids as HDNet(I think it was) has been playing it recently. Still a fun movie, despite the mullets, accents, etc.

Now how can I talk you into a Mask of Zorro medallion? :cool

Oh yes please :thumbsup

With your talent, surely this should be easy enough for you ? :love

ZM3.jpg

Here's a photo of the finished reward poster. The colour is a bit washed out in this photo as the sun has refused to come out all week!

RewardPoster01.jpg

RewardPoster02.jpg

Last edited:

Excellent piece of work there. I love that movie too. Not historically accurate but entertaining none the less. Plus it's got one of my favourite ad-libbed lines of all time.

"**** me they cleared it!"

Well, I could probably be tempted to have a stab at it ;)

Pun intended I hope. :)

Not sure how to tempt you but I'll buy one if you do. Been wanting one for years and I know a couple others who have also. The only one I have is the rubber one I grabbed when my son outgrew his costume.

A request fellows if I may please.

Would anybody who has Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (in HD would be cool) please post 2 screengrabs for us that show the medallion when Costner is wearing it ?

My bleeding DVD doesn't want to play on my laptop :angry

They are both in the fight between RH & Little John part.

The first one is exactly when LJ throws the stick to RH, just as the fight is going to start.

The other one is when the fight is over, and RH / LJ 'become friends' when they about to get out of the water.

Thanks fellows :) . I'm sure all who are getting this medallion would appreciate having a nice screencap of Robin Hood wearing it.

My DVD still won't play :thumbsdown

Anyway, these are the 2 screencaps I was talking about. Had to resort to youtube & print screen :lol

Could someone maybe post these 2 from a HD DVD ?

RH1-600x492.jpg

RH2-600x460.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back