Street-side Stall, Mos Eisley

Detail, detail, detail!

A few more greeblies, and some conduit in two diameters. Almost finished!

Photos include maybe 75% of my Star Wars collection plus some other items so that I can see the overall affect
20210318_091322.jpg
20210318_103328.jpg
20210318_103332.jpg
20210318_103337.jpg
20210318_103341.jpg
20210318_103351.jpg

I've finished rebuilding the broken Hasbro Lightsaber. I had to cut it into three pieces and tear the guts out of it with bent needlenose pliers. I then folded a 10m wire led string to fit the blade and wrapped it in diffuser before gluing it all back together. I glued it down onto some Lego plates and made a protective grid for it by cutting up some water bottles and gluing them up with strips of cardboard. I'm not so happy with this, might look out for some large shower curtain rings to use instead, and maybe just one pole at the back to hold them.

Overall though it's really looking the business and not much left to do.
20210319_152937.jpg
20210319_161747.jpg
20210319_161802.jpg

I also appreciate how this thread is just the two of us going back and forth [emoji38]
same here, I've appreciated bouncing ideas off you, thanks so much.

I did try to get some mesh, and found a good one, but I can only buy it in large rolls for nurseries etc, way to expensive, can't buy it by the metre. I saw a lamp I think on Smuggler's Room that had laser cut rings around it. I don't have a laser cut and I don't have the time and patience to do it by hand, so trying to come up with a suitable low cost alternative.

Thanks again for your feedback, and for following this project :)

Depending on how tricky you want to get it might be cool to cut the rings and then slide them over a smaller diameter pipe cut in half lengthwise that can be covered in reflective tape for more luminance. If that makes sense at all.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back