Stranger Things 3-Eleven's Walkie Talkie

benhs1898

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Finally identified this prop for anyone interested.

It is a Midland 77-810 Ready Rescue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.58.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.58.17 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.04.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.04.19 AM.png
    876.1 KB · Views: 190
  • unnamed.jpeg
    unnamed.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 189
  • unnamedj.jpeg
    unnamedj.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 188
It’s also hilarious because it’s yet another walkie that doesn’t actually work with the others. Dustin’s headset walkie does not operate on the correct frequencies and Eleven’s has to be plugged in and only operates on emergency frequencies.

Dustin's season 4 walkie is the Realistic TRC-212.

You can tell because it has the digital screen and no lettering around the "channel" dial.

Also a reminder for anyone who may want to pick up El's walkie since it makes a brief cameo in episode 1. They're still pretty cheap on ebay.

The Ready Rescue looks like it uses CB channels 1-39. I think it is an emergency radio just in that it is not designed for regular use, but to be kept in a car and plugged in when needed, with the emergency and HWY conditions channels being flagged as they should be the most heavily monitored.
If it is in S4, it should work with a TRC-212 unless the 212 is set to channel 40.

edit: Just saw a manual that said it is a 40 channel radio. Looking closer at the numbering, only the odd numbers are marked, so it should work with any CB radio since it has all 40 channels.

Last edited:
The Ready Rescue looks like it uses CB channels 1-39. I think it is an emergency radio just in that it is not designed for regular use, but to be kept in a car and plugged in when needed, with the emergency and HWY conditions channels being flagged as they should be the most heavily monitored.
If it is in S4, it should work with a TRC-212 unless the 212 is set to channel 40.
I haven't tried it yet.

I do like the idea that Hop would have given El an emergency walkie that may have already been at the cabin.

I could shoot myself over letting my old Realistic walkie-talkies go at a yard sale years ago! I don’t remember the models but they could be upgraded to 40 channels with additional crystals plugged into the slots and looked pretty darn close to those pics (although they were earlier late 1970’s models and black.) I would routinely talk with truckers on CB bands and remember learning some of the lingo too! haha. Man would I love those now, but no crying over spilled milk I guess. ugh

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back