Strange Days

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ran this for my girl last night and she was totally blown away by it.

She wonders why this is not up for a reboot, yeah I know, points taken away for that thought but she DOES make a mean baked Ziti from scratch so....

Just curious who else enjoyed this little known cult classic

Ran this for my girl last night and she was totally blown away by it.

She wonders why this is not up for a reboot, yeah I know, points taken away for that thought but she DOES make a mean baked Ziti from scratch so....

Just curious who else enjoyed this little known cult classic

Me! It's tripy and Fiennes is really good in it.

Hated it when it came out, and still do. Stole shamelessly from William Gibson works (as well as DePalma films), features rape/snuff video voyeurism, heavy misogyny. I guessed the “surprise” ending 20 minutes ahead of the reveal.

It’s a “cult classic” now? People will buy anything. :(

Don’t let me stop you from loving the film. Just don’t read any old William Gibson stuff, you’ll realize how much was plagiarized.

As far as stealing from Gibson yeah it borrowed from him but so did a lot of films, Nothing new under the sun.

It also derailed Bigelows career for a while because it bombed at the box office.

Technically it was a brilliant film that foreshadowed Kathryn being the first woman to win an Oscar for Best Director

Hated it when it came out, and still do. Stole shamelessly from William Gibson works (as well as DePalma films), features rape/snuff video voyeurism, heavy misogyny. I guessed the “surprise” ending 20 minutes ahead of the reveal.

It’s a “cult classic” now? People will buy anything. :(

Don’t let me stop you from loving the film. Just don’t read any old William Gibson stuff, you’ll realize how much was plagiarized.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back