Stormtropper Helmet - Pepakura

Alonzo Fonzo

Hi!

I found The Replica Prop Forum about 6 months ago and I am a frequent reader since. I am really impressed about the things you create and I thought its now time to introduce myself with some pictures of my Pepakura stormtrooper helmet which is currently in the bondo-sanding stage :lol

I used the Pep-file from Fierfek´s thread, thanks a lot the file its great!

Wow! Your helmet looks great echo5633!

Here are two more recent pictures. I finished most of the rough work and started detailing. After a layer of primer I realized the left side of the bowl need another thin layer of bondo.

Thanks i appreciate the compliment. I have a love hate relationship with my helmet I love it and I'm proud of my work but i almost threw it through a wall about 100 times along the way so have fun...... :)

Looking good, Alonzo Fonzo. Yours is coming along great! I'm not looking forward to how long it's going to take me to sand mine. :p

mine looked like the swamp thing swallowed my helmet Ha! im just waiting for my sander to get here to start shaping it. Good luck on both your builds!!

Thanks for your comments!
Yes, all the sanding is sometimes a little frustrating but I am also currently working on a complete fiberglass scratch built biker scout costume, so there is plenty variety. Yesterday I only played around with the lenses and the biker scout belt, not so much progress...

A small update for today.
I glued the vocoder in place and reworked most of the mouth area. After countless hours of sanding I still have fun building this thing, maybe I am crazy! :lol

I want to make a scout trooper suit myself. I don't know where to start though, can't seam to find much information on building scout trooper costumes. (or storm trooper costumes for that matter) Anyways, the helmet looks great! Ill be following your progress :)

Well, I think I get the form approximately right. I am currently working on the surface (removal of all these small holes and scratches).
Some more layers of primer and spot filler and the helmet should be ready for some white color :lol

A small update for today. I am finally satisfied with the overall shape of the helmet, its not perfect but not bad either (sorry no pictures yet)

Here are two pictures of the parts I am currently working on, the ear and the bubble lenses:

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back