Stormtrooper Voice Amplifier/Modifier Mic help

Flecktarn92

Well its a new year and I'm getting back into the swing of things, my first act is working on my Stormtrooper armor. I want to get a amplifier/modifier to fit in the helmet once its complete. I looked all around the RPF and really didn't find a good thread on Stormtrooper mics/amplifiers. Anyway the problem I'm having is I'm not sure what to get. I've been looking around on eBay and found a few listings but not sure what the differences are between them. The one I'm leaning to is this one here:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

It looks like your run of the mill amplifier. So my question is: is this a good microphone set up?
I know there are far better ones out there but I need to get some advise before I make a purchase. Any and all bits of info will help. Thanks in advance.

This is a true to the statement, you get what you pay for. I bought a similar one and it was so low you could not hear it when trooping. I then bought a $30 one and there was so much feedback that was unavoidable even through shielding. I finally ended up buying a $60 one and it was perfect. I think it was this Tk9122's new Aker Voice amp and new helmet - YouTube

I just bought that exact one that you linked from ebay, and its really nice. Audio is clear, but still has that "radio" quality to it, which i think adds to the effect. I dont have any armor to test fit it to, but just using it it seems to be plenty loud. The build is relatively nice too for a 10 dollar item, i was expecting something of a lot lesser quality.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back