Stormtrooper Oddities

Clutch

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
While studying Star Wars one frame at a time (don't laugh), I noticed a few things.

Here are the two troopers that Luke and Han get the jump on. Where did Luke get the 'low brow' helmet then?

hero.jpg

In one scene, Luke's shoulder bell is gone.

luke01.jpg

Now it's back.

luke02.jpg

What do these backpacks really look like???

air01.jpg

air02.jpg

air03.jpg

Very interesting points. I never noticed the missing shoulder bell before. A mild hijack here, but while we're on the topic of Trooper odities, I never did understand why the trooper Luke jumps has a rope and grappling hook attatched to the belt but all the other troopers we all know and love don't carry this feature. What makes Luke's trooper so special that he carries this odd piece of equipment?

He's a trooper nerd. It's like a pocket protector for Stormtroopers.

Another related question - so when they get to Yavin, are there two dead Stormtroopers still stashed away in a storage locker?

And I must say, for a farmboy Luke certainly takes to killing people like it's just another walk in the park.

Scott

Actually if you look closely at Luke's bicep you can see the shoulder bell hanging down behind him. So much for space age elastic.

Originally posted by Skaught@Aug 31 2005, 02:17 PM
Another related question - so when they get to Yavin, are there two dead Stormtroopers still stashed away in a storage locker?
[snapback]1069132[/snapback]​

Gives a new meaning to "What an incredible smell you've discovered." :lol

And wouldn't it be four dead? :eek

Originally posted by Jack Bauer@Aug 31 2005, 09:24 PM
I think Luke and Han switched helmets when they were changing into thier new stolen armor.  hence the low brow.
[snapback]1069183[/snapback]​

....but NEITHER of the 2 troopers at the bottom of the Falcon's ramp is wearing the 'low brow' Hero helmet that Luke is later seen wearing.
I had noticed this myself before - for all we know the 2 scenes could've been filmed weeks apart so it's probably just a continuity error...

As for the 2 dead troopers in the Falcon's storage compartments... I always imagined 2 troopers stumbling down the Falcon's ramp about 1/2 an hour later holding their heads (like in the A-team. :lol ) having only been 'roughed-up' by Han & Luke... maybe the blaster firing sounds were from the troopers trying to shoot Han & Luke at point blank range... and, er.... missing?

After all, Han waited until Greedo shot first, and couldn't possibly kill someone in cold blood etc. etc. :p

Nice screen-caps BTW... and I thought *I* was the only one who watched the Trilogy frame-by-frame :lol

Cheers,
J.B.

Good observations Clutch.

I think the rubber trim must have just squished down when Luke took the helmet off, that rubber moves pretty easily :D

Never seen that shoulder thing before. and I watch Star Wars frame by frame too... takes me HOURS. :p

Jeremy

Well since we are on the subject, how about these (sorry if they've been caught before)

This trooper's mommy didn't dress him right (to the right of vader)

And what about the tape on the arm and I don't know about that number 8 on the rear chestpiece? It may just be the lighting, but if you zoom in it looks like an 8:

I know we all have analyed Lukes belt accessories to death, but the as a kid watching Star Wars on the big screen for the umpteenth time, it was my assumption that ALL troopers have an accessory belt, with all sorts of 'swiss army knife' goodies on it. We just happen to see Luke use one. As for the different doo-hickeys who knows, it was a low budget movie, for crying out loud.

I think it's pretty obvious that neither of those suit's were used for the hero's.The helmet's are both stunts,and Luke's suit is trimmed shorter on the chest and back.Also,I'm not sure if it's supposed to be Luke who taps his helmet when he comes down the ramp,but he is very tall.

Check out this screencap from the opening sequence of ANH :confused

holster.jpg

Looks like this trooper has his belt on inside-out, as you can clearly see how the straps of the holster are attached to the belt by either pop-snaps or rivetted in place... normally this is hidden from view between the belt and the lower-back armour...

I can't wait to see Star Wars on HD-DVD or BluRay or whatever hi-def format wins through. :D

Cheers,
J.B.

Originally posted by Luke Warmwater@Aug 31 2005, 10:05 PM
Could I  trouble someone to get a good screencap of the grappling hook on the trooper's belt.  Gonna try to build one.  Thanks in advance.
[snapback]1069355[/snapback]​

Here's my attempt:

Good Luck :)

Could I trouble someone to get a good screencap of the grappling hook on the trooper's belt. Gonna try to build one. Thanks in advance.
[snapback]1069355[/snapback]​

And my screencaps and my finished prop :

Grappling Hook

Forgot to mention - I only spent $ 14 in parts. took 2 hours to put together.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back