Stormtrooper lenses needed- can anybody help?

dano

Alright folks, a while back I was loaned a mould for a ANH stormtrooper helmet so I could cast up one for a friend's birthday present. The mould was taken from a genuine bucket, cast from the inside for better detail definition ( so it's a couple of mm smaller overall ). I really need a set of lenses as quick as possible, prefferably the darker brown "bubble" lenses, as this is the look my friend likes the best. If anybody can help me out here I'd be very gratefull indeed. If you can help please drop me a PM, I'm based in the UK ( Northwest ) and would be extremely happy if anybody on these boards can sort me out with a pair.

Keith is the man that might help you.He has made some nice bubbled lense before.I've tried but with not much success :unsure

I'm more interested to hear about this 'original helmet' that the cast was taken from.......Can you tell us more about it please?

-Paul.

Originally posted by troopermaster@Feb 16 2006, 02:56 PM
Keith is the man that might help you.He has made some nice bubbled lense before.I've tried but with not much success :unsure

I'm more interested to hear about this 'original helmet' that the cast was taken from.......Can you tell us more about it please?

-Paul.
[snapback]1185987[/snapback]​

I would also like to hear about the origins of the helmet. Do you have photographs of the original helmet or the replica one you made?

Cheers Chris.

P.S. sorry Paul wasn't sure if you made bubble lenses just threw your name in because I knew you do all of your own work.

No problem Chris :thumbsup

I have tried to make them but I used the wrong material and only just got a slight bubble look.I've no real need for them anyway as I like stunt helmets the best ;)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back