STORMTROOPER HELMET VENTS

TK-2067

i had a problem with my helmet , fogging up and really hot inside , so this is what i did to my helmet . i cut out the side peices and placed fans behind, on one side it draws air in , the other is an exaust fan. it worked..... any thoughts ? thanks rod

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ May 6 2006, 03:34 AM) [snapback]1239287[/snapback]</div>
Great idea, but is it OK by 501st standards?
[/b]
lol i really dont care if it is .. if they dont like i can always resign. lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ May 5 2006, 08:34 PM) [snapback]1239287[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

Why wouldn't it be? As long as it LOOKED right externally.

I did the same thing, only i also put the screen behind it(can't tell if you did). Works great.

501 Standards? Are they that strict?.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SHalamar @ May 6 2006, 03:45 AM) [snapback]1239291[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ May 5 2006, 08:34 PM) [snapback]1239287[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
exactly my thoughts , it still has the same look , but got rid of the cheap looking stickers and cut and painted to look somewhat the same as before.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SHalamar @ May 5 2006, 11:45 PM) [snapback]1239291[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ May 5 2006, 08:34 PM) [snapback]1239287[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Just not sure what the guidelines for "screen accurate" armor entail.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ May 6 2006, 03:49 AM) [snapback]1239296[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SHalamar @ May 5 2006, 11:45 PM) [snapback]1239291[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Just not sure what the guidelines for "screen accurate" armor entail.
[/b][/quote]
i doint think they are that sticky on that. but if they were , my comfort , while wearing this , is more important than guide lines. i appreciate your thoughts though, thanks rod

Just not sure what the guidelines for "screen accurate" armor entail.[/b]

Well the 501st has two classifications depending on the event, neither of the two is "screen accurate" to the extent that this forum holds... There is the official LFL events (Formal) suits they are required to be more accurate armor and include parts seen on screen, no flair... Then there is the every day events (Informal) these costumes can be much more creative and have the extras...

The 501st stance is "modification of these costumes within the confines of decency" so I guessing that the cutting of vents wouldn't be deemed "indecent" :lol It's more of a keep it family orientated code...

You can read the official wording here...

http://www.501st.com/documents/501stcharter.htm#ArtVII

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(exoray @ May 6 2006, 12:04 AM) [snapback]1239304[/snapback]</div>
Well the 501st has two classifications depending on the event, neither of the two is "screen accurate" to the extent that this forum holds... There is the official LFL events (Formal) suits they are required to be more accurate armor and include parts seen on screen, no flair... Then there is the every day events (Informal) these costumes can be much more creative and have the extras...

The 501st stance is "modification of these costumes within the confines of decency" so I guessing that the cutting of vents wouldn't be deemed "indecent" :lol It's more of a keep it family orientated code...

You can read the official wording here...

http://www.501st.com/documents/501stcharter.htm#ArtVII
[/b]

Thanks for clearing that up. I wanted to be sure, since I keep getting more and more customers who are in the 501st, and I like to know what's allowed for them and what's not.

I would say if the bobblehead fx buckets are ok by the 501st, then some vents would be just fine. Hehe.

another ventilation thing is to drill 4 small holes under the eye, right above the teardrop.

you can see them in these photos if you look at the full sized ones:

http://tk7602.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=119&pos=56
http://tk7602.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=119&pos=146

i think this might be unique to the rotj suits... there was one at the LFL presidio office that had the holes, and one at the museum of science exhibit that also had them.

the mos one might not be screen used, but the one at presidio probably was, just judging by the filthy, broken, yellowed condition it was in :)

i've been thinking about doing that on mine to give me a bit more air.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back