Stormtrooper F/X and AP Fitting Questions

Luisiana Jones

Is 6,2 (1,88cm) a good height for stormie armor, too tall? too short? good one will fit me? lol still saving since last year for 1 economy didnt go well but ill get one sooner or later :lol

Ps. read some threads and was getting worried :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Luisiana Jones @ May 26 2006, 08:01 AM) [snapback]1251006[/snapback]</div>
Is 6,2 (1,88cm) a good height for stormie armor, too tall? too short? good one will fit me? lol still saving since last year for 1 economy didnt go well but ill get one sooner or later :lol

[/b]

A little tall...but it'll still work. I think the ideal height for a trooper would be 5'11" - 6'0"...and about 170lbs. The accurate sets of armor should fit you with no problems....

Thanks a lot m8. worried I wouldnt fit, well back to playing SW battlefront untill I got nuff money, die rebel die.

Ps.seriously thanks a lot.

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ May 26 2006, 08:47 AM) [snapback]1251054[/snapback]</div>
I think the ideal height for a trooper would be 5'11" - 6'0"...and about 170lbs. [/b]

I'm sure I read somewhere that the height of the ANH troopers was between 5'8 and 5'10... :unsure

With regards to the original Q...I've seen really tall guys costume as a trooper and as long as the armour is done well, it looks just fine. I personally don't think it looks good if you're a tall trooper, attending a troop etc and you're taller than an attending Vader, but that's just my opinion. :)

Cheers, Gord.

This might be one of those cases where the old GF/GT suit might look better on you than the accurate kind.

Pmed u Treadwell for some info on that :/ as I thought GF was pretty accurate and was FX the one that wasnt :unsure

Ps. This aint looking good... :confused

Theres a couple of chaps in our garrison that have stormy armor and are over 6ft and they have FX armor and look fine.

Doesnt look right standing next to me cause I'm 5ft 8. But looks ok :)

I'm 5'11", and my TE suit fits fine. Three inches will only make it more mobile. I figure it'd be more comfortable with an extra 1/2"-1" gap in a few spots. I think 6'2" is perfectly safe. I think Mike1536 is 6'0" and his TE looks fantastic.

Thats some good news Seth B thanks for telling me :D seriously they are cuz as I said stormie is the costume I like not vader not fett, stormie FTW :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(Luisiana Jones @ May 26 2006, 05:01 AM) [snapback]1251006[/snapback]</div>

[/b]

I also have an AFX kit and I am 6 foot 1 1/2 inches (so close to your height). My main modification to the suit was to split the lower torsos (the abdomen/crotch plate and the lower back/buttock) underneath the belt area. After cutting the pieces apart I added a gap of approximately 2 inchs (basically 1/2 inch smaller than the ABS belt is wide). This allowed the torso armor to fit my body better (I have a long neck to lower back length). I also added a lot to my mobility as I can sit down a lot easier if needed.

<div class='quotetop'>(Luisiana Jones @ May 26 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1251174[/snapback]</div>
But arent Vaders around 6'6 darn the costume I like its the stormie.. :(
[/b]

I am 6'6 and had briefly considered a trooper before I got my Vader. Glad I chose Vader. :p

I suppose I should chime in here.
I myself am 5'10"
however, 2 local troopers are over 6 feet
Both have the FX armor IIRC
one is 6'3
That's him on the far right
group2.JPG

The other is 6'7"
I think you can tell which one is him ;)
Muddawgs1.JPG

<div class='quotetop'>(slave1pilot @ May 27 2006, 06:15 AM) [snapback]1251489[/snapback]</div>
I suppose I should chime in here.
I myself am 5'10"
however, 2 local troopers are over 6 feet
Both have the FX armor IIRC
one is 6'3
That's him on the far right
group2.JPG

[/b]

Awesome. :lol Thanks a lot guys, that guys is even taller than me and looks incredible.

The other is 6'7"
I think you can tell which one is him ;)
Muddawgs1.JPG

[/quote]
Bloody Hell :confused
He's massive.

I have just aquired an FX kit, what are they like for sitting down in, does it not risk damaging the Buttock plate lsuch as snapping it etc.
I find it sitting difficult down in vader stuff due to the cod being restrictive and the belt buckle catching the chest box

<div class='quotetop'>(slave1pilot @ May 27 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]1251612[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Domain @ May 27 2006, 12:00 AM) [snapback]1251559[/snapback]
what are they like for sitting down in,
[/b]

:lol
That's a good one
[/b][/quote]

I serious though, does it damage the Butt plate? :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back