Stormtrooper Costume

teezee

Hi All,

It seems like a basic question, but I know new retailers pop up and times change so hopefully I can get a good answer from you - couldn't find anything after intense Googling...

Anyway, so I basically would want to get a good quality stormtrooper costume - I'm willing to spend up to 1,500 USD and would preferably want to buy something that could act as a good base for getting 501st certified (for the TK costume). I'm based in Singapore, but I can arrange to have the costume shipped to the US / UK / EU.

Could you guys help with any recommendations of retail costumes, what would be a good place to buy to have a good costume for potential certification in the future?

I'm 5'6" (171cm), average weight, male.

Big thanks for any guidance - I don't want to buy crap of ebay and since I'm willing to spend a bit I'm hoping to spend and get a quality product.

Best,
Tom

501st.com is your best bet.

Whitearmor is good, but some there are anal about 501st and not many are actually 501st.

Ebay is most often poison.....but okay to learn about quality and price

Your local 501st is the way to go.....

501st.com is your best bet.

Whitearmor is good, but some there are anal about 501st and not many are actually 501st.

Ebay is most often poison.....but okay to learn about quality and price

Your local 501st is the way to go.....

Uhm, RogueTrooper, You know that whitearmor.net is the Stormtrooper Detachment for the 501st?

When I signed up for my local 501st Garrison, they directed me to whitearmor for information.

I'm not saying that getting in touch with your local garrison is a bad idea, they can help you with the actual build. I can't wait to get my Anovos TK and join in on one of their Armor Building Parties.

we're anal because one does not simply pick up a rubies off ebay and strut around to look cool or whatever reason people get costumes. the 501st isnt just about movie-accuracy, its about supporting star wars through charitable and volunteer promotional means with the look that you just walked out of the movie screen. anyone can spot a person in a cheap costume, but the more real it looks, the more feeling people get in that fantasy of an "actual stormtrooper" or meeting "THE darth vader".

in this hobby you get what you pay for, as a basic shiny TK youll spend around/just over a grand for legion approval. anovos works a little different and that $350 price is to get people to buy it to recoup production costs, etc. and get the ball rolling (its good until may 4th, if they havent sold out of preorders already). whitearmor has pretty much every bit of info available, theres even a section that says 'start here' that lists reputable makers, needed supplies, assembly instructions, if you have to ask chances are its been asked and theres a thread for it. it takes a good 3 months of just reading other member's build threads and other research before you realize what you're getting into, but in the end you'll be able to teach someone else the same.

yes its true many arent 501st, which is why the ones that are have "501st member" under their avatar, and we get new recruits all the time looking for sources and such, the honest answer is it just takes much researching.

in terms of your height OP, generally most armors nowadays are around the same size. any screen derived suit will be enough, and if needed you can always trim extra material away to make it conform for better comfort.

Thanks guys, this is very helpful.

I think I'll go with Anovos, but I'll be looking at the Completed Ensemble version for $1,200 - do you think much needs to be done on top of that to get legion approval? I know I'll need to get a blaster (was thinking of getting one from originalstormtrooper.com) and shoes (tkboots.com?).

Best,
Tom

Transform yourself into a Stormtrooper from the epic Star Wars films when you don our Adult Supreme Edition Stormtrooper costume. Just in $749.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, this is very helpful.

I think I'll go with Anovos, but I'll be looking at the Completed Ensemble version for $1,200 - do you think much needs to be done on top of that to get legion approval? I know I'll need to get a blaster (was thinking of getting one from originalstormtrooper.com) and shoes (tkboots.com?).

Best,
Tom

Tom

I've been reading on the Anovos Stormtrooper for a while. The important thing to remember is that the way the armor fits you. So we wont know that until after you receive the armor and try it on for the first time.

think of it like this, it is like buying a suit off the rack. Most people do not look good in that sort of suit, they need it tailored to fit them.

On the plus side, you Will be struting around in your new armor long before me in mine (I have to build mine)

These guys are right. I just started my sand trooper build about a month or two ago, and with all the info available at the white armor, and the 501st' site, I haven't really needed to post any questions.
Things are rolling along slowly, but smoothly.

If you're buying unfinished stuff that you gotta trim, paint etc, starwarshelmets.com under the real/original helmets really helped me nail down some good details to the paint job on my sandy.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back