Storm trooper blaster

Darth Domain

I will be looking to buy a blaster soon, nothing too pricey, i'm not so bothered about exact screen accuracy at the moment (but will be in future). Can any one give me any links etc or advice. A Kenner would do just for the moment though i do not know if they sell them in UK. I could maybe weather it a little etc

Just get a used Kenner or Hasbro on ebay and spray it black.

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Feb 2 2006, 10:41 AM
I will be looking to buy a blaster soon, nothing too pricey, i'm not so bothered about exact screen accuracy at the moment (but will be in future). Can any one give me any links etc or advice. A Kenner would do just for the moment though i do not know if they sell them in UK. I could maybe weather it a little etc
[snapback]1174134[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Feb 2 2006, 10:41 AM
HEY i have the kenner blaster , with all the mods done to it. i got the 8 peice kit from steve at SJS props. it looks real good. i am selling it because i am working on my master replica and will be using that for trooping. i dont need 2 blasters. thanks if interested drop me a line. rod

Here are some I made using the BBC's templates, and my own resin casts of the L2A3 parts, scope and counter.

11.jpg

and if you get a blaster, be sure to make a stand:

4.jpg

Originally posted by Jimbo890@Feb 2 2006, 02:45 PM
Here are some I made using the BBC's templates, and my own resin casts of the L2A3 parts, scope and counter.

11.jpg

and if you get a blaster, be sure to make a stand:

4.jpg

[snapback]1174247[/snapback]​
Realy nice, any for sale?

Originally posted by TK-427+Feb 2 2006, 02:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK-427 @ Feb 2 2006, 02:09 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Darth Domain
@Feb 2 2006, 10:41 AM
HEY i have the kenner blaster , with all the mods done to it. i got the 8 peice kit from steve at SJS props. it looks real good. i am selling it because i am working on my master replica and will be using that for trooping. i dont need 2 blasters. thanks if interested drop me a line. rod
[snapback]1174230[/snapback]​
[/b]
Pm sent

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Feb 2 2006, 09:39 PM
Do Kenner still actually make their blasters or not?
[snapback]1174531[/snapback]​

Kenner is now a sub of Hasbro. Hasbro made the blaster for the 2nd quarter of 2005 just prior to the EPIII release. I saw them on shelves marketed as a Clone blaster. LOL. Did not last long on the shelves. I did not see them return at Halloween or Christmas time.

Originally posted by deralis@Feb 2 2006, 11:14 PM
Disneyland has a ton of them, (white) in their Star trader store...
[snapback]1174608[/snapback]​
I'm not going to be able to get there in a hurry though, however, if you're not oo far away buy one and i'll buy off you :thumbsup

If anyone has a link or info where to buy the Kenner blasters let me know. I am planning on doing some major upgrades to mine and need a couple extra. :)

Keep checking the local stores. My local Target had six on the shelves last night. They weren't there before so they must have put more out

Originally posted by hyperdyne@Feb 2 2006, 11:23 PM
If anyone has a link or info where to buy the Kenner blasters let me know.  I am planning on doing some major upgrades to mine and need a couple extra.  :)
[snapback]1174614[/snapback]​
Hi Jim, i don't know about new ones but they do seem to crop up on E-bay alot, i just got one.

OK, next question.
I'm going to sand the kenner, then prime and spray flat black, has any one any tips for then weathering it and also how to add a folding stock to it?

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Feb 9 2006, 01:08 PM
OK, next question.
I'm going to sand the kenner, then prime and spray flat black, has any one any tips for then weathering it and also how to add a folding stock to it?
[snapback]1179991[/snapback]​

What I did for my "trooping blaster" was this....

Sand down the unwanted details (like writing). Then, spray with grey primer (Krylon). Let it dry, and do another coat.

Then, two coats of aluminum paint. Allow to fully dry. Finally, 2-3 coats of satin/semi-flat black. (Flat if you prefer, although it doesn't look quite right to my eye.)

Allow to completely dry. Then, take some fine sand-paper, and gently sand places where you'd like some "wear". You'll sand through the black to reveal the aluminum paint beneath. Works like a charm, and is an easy effect to achive.

PLUS, by using this method, the blaster will weather naturally at the wear-points, as you holster and un-holster. :)

Here's a couple shots of mine right after I finished painting... (note: I replaced the front nozzle and installed the mag/clip and folding stock modifications. All came from SJS about a year ago...)

side_angle.jpg

front_nozzle.jpg

stock_and_mag.jpg

At some point, I plan to modify/replace the scope, but all in all, I'm happy with it for a light-weight trooping blaster. :)

Oh, if you'd like a source for a REALLY nice resin kit, let me know. :)

Originally posted by CanadianKnight+Feb 9 2006, 07:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CanadianKnight @ Feb 9 2006, 07:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Darth Domain
@Feb 9 2006, 01:08 PM
OK, next question.
[snapback]1179991[/snapback]​

What I did for my "trooping blaster" was this....

Sand down the unwanted details (like writing). Then, spray with grey primer (Krylon). Let it dry, and do another coat.

Then, two coats of aluminum paint. Allow to fully dry. Finally, 2-3 coats of satin/semi-flat black. (Flat if you prefer, although it doesn't look quite right to my eye.)

Allow to completely dry. Then, take some fine sand-paper, and gently sand places where you'd like some "wear". You'll sand through the black to reveal the aluminum paint beneath. Works like a charm, and is an easy effect to achive.

At some point, I plan to modify/replace the scope, but all in all, I'm happy with it for a light-weight trooping blaster. :)

Oh, if you'd like a source for a REALLY nice resin kit, let me know. :)
[snapback]1180031[/snapback]​
[/b]
That is all very helpful, thanks.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back