Store Display naboo star fighter converison into Mando's new ship yep 1/6th scale big

kermet

Sr Member
Okay Guys been banging around in the shop and got a project started, yes another scratch build but I am the printer so here is some of the beginning. Also should note I am very happy to start another adventure in model form to many creatures. So my friend calls me up and ask could I do another build for him and this is in 1/6th scale and as some of you guys know I mostly get a bunch of credit for doing the project which means shopping day in Star Wars land, Enough said here we begin
20220522_183745.jpg
20220522_183806.jpg
Oh Man bout to do some cutting
20220522_183835.jpg
Yes this whole canopy line is completely off so be more cutting
20220523_174232.jpg
20220523_174247.jpg
20220531_121508.jpg
20220531_121453.jpg
20220531_195256.jpg
20220531_195306.jpg
Yes I will make a plug then vac up a new clear canopy, I also have some cool plans for the opening of the canopy and the cockpit Okay deep breath slow down yep
the-mandalorian-new-ship-n-1-starfighter-book-of-boba-fett.jpg
Got a bunch to go so hang on a adventure this will be. lots more to come Enjoy Thanks

Just check out my old clone walker project, this is going to be involved and screen accurate and yes 1/6th scale you can sit a hot toys Mando in it along with Baby Yoda in the bubble. big sturdy tripod will hold this. More to come

Yes A little banged up, Thanks guys for all the likes and comments. So a whole bunch of thinking, figuring things out, I did a bit of boxing in of some areas and I will have to make those structure supports running across the ship still got a bit to cut from the cannon area also the very front edge with the rake looking structure, have to make all that. big project lots of fun So here is a bit of shop bashing today Thanks and enjoy
20220601_135315.jpg
20220601_135332.jpg
20220601_191720.jpg
20220601_191730.jpg
20220601_191732.jpg
I like the bubble on there it is only sitting there for insight its not attached yet still lots to do a bit of clean up then making more this will hold a baby Yoda in the back which I will sculpt up one and he will be removable Lots more to come stay tuned Thanks for the likes and comments back at the old shop in the morning see what happens next Thanks

Wow the old creature back there all by his self, I don't know what happened there should finish him up some kind of alien thing, its one of those things where focus is lost and I think it looks scared and kind of dumb. Hate it but one of those shelfed lost focus projects that might be more do able if I only had the right clay Oh only one day. So was out there studying things and did some clean up. Starting to look a bit cool, I do like the Razor Crest much better but if you look he still made this ship silver, also has some of the scuff yellow in spots like the crest did. So the same with this build, lots of screen grab studying and once done this will look like you grabbed it right out of the screen, this is the focus I had on the clone walker project it looks like it was pulled out of the screen and sat on the table in front of you. So much more to come stay tuned Thanks for looking

excited to see this, I have a banged up one I picked up for $150 yrs ago in storage, was thinking the same thing but thought this fit 1/4 more than 1/6, had no idea it was 1/6 would be great to pair this up with a hot toys figure!

Okay George don't know what happened there but, sorry bout all those George said. Yes eyes still bug me but I got to keep it going and if I had all the eye stuff to do again I wouldn't no way. Okay Guys got kinda busy today but I got distracted after some major cutting. So here is something I was thinking and I might try and do it at least draw it up, and may do some experimenting with the elements to put it all together. Okay just imagine the small dome Mando's seat now if i could make a mech. that would tilt his seat forward then a hatch behind the seat opens and the floor of the droid area would lower with easy access to baby Yoda all this instead of popping the dome off and grabbing baby Yoda out I know this can be done very simple I can see it in me brain. Also will show a pic of the tripod to hold this very large ship up, also trying to keep the weight down here we go Enjoy
?hash=86e1eb516159678700f0738daf111619.jpg
20220602_105356.jpg
20220602_194329.jpg
20220602_194338.jpg
20220602_194345.jpg
20220602_194356.jpg
Okay, Friends lots and lots to do still thinking this up as I go. I think now I am starting to see a small wave so much more to come Thanks Guys for all the likes and comments the ride is just starting, stay tuned more to come.

Attachments

• 20220602_105349.jpg
    20220602_105349.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
excited to see this, I have a banged up one I picked up for $150 yrs ago in storage, was thinking the same thing but thought this fit 1/4 more than 1/6, had no idea it was 1/6 would be great to pair this up with a hot toys figure!
Yes a hot toys Mando would look nice in this. The Tripod stand is the best way to display such a big ship and you can post it up in any position Thanks for looking get her out and get started nice project.

It must have been tough to make the decision to cut into the hull. While not one of my favourite SW ships, it is still iconic and rare.

TazMan2000
Yes it was hard but its not mine and I am with you on cutting a rare ship but my friend wants it to be Mando's ship so a project for me. He has another in mint condition hanging out in his store. So I guess it wasn't all that hard for him cause he jumped at the project for me to do up. Thanks for looking

Okay RPF Friends, Wow past two days has been a blur, grandboys but lots of time in the shop so almost all the cutting is done, Man I can relay what TAZ was saying. I have split the two half's and flipped the ship over on its top so I could figure out some inside stuff also the mount set up. Also did some boxing on the cannon's, and cut all the hull bracing you see all over in pics. I then got out the old scribe whilest it was flipped and scribed the whole bottom and haven't even started on the bottom. Now in one pic you see a cylinder its made from metal and was concepting the baby Yoda elevator, I might have a plan. cause I didn't want to have a pop off dome. Also I think the shape of the bottom would make a crazy looking star ship well enough of rattling Thanks for all the comments and likes Enjoy
20220605_114646.jpg
20220605_114244.jpg
20220605_114230.jpg
20220605_114304.jpg
20220605_142449.jpg
20220605_150631.jpg
20220605_194132.jpg
20220605_194137.jpg
Okay Friends lots more coming I know the boxing is a bit rough but you will not see it some of the more open holes around the ship will have to be cleaner as said Thanks to all the comments and the likes keeps me going more to come stay tuned

Looks like a lot of work involved
Oh there is, cut a part check it repeat repeat repeat. Seem like a bunch of random cutting but it will all come together some parts takes many small parts to make one whole part. really just getting started, Thanks for watching

Okay Friends, as telling Analyzer today a bunch of progress making a bunch of small parts. I am working on the hull skeleton that you can only see in all these holes. working on the biggest hole on the side you don't see to much of. So I thank all you guys for the likes and comments, I do have pics, but I want to get a bit farther along on this section I am working on atm before I post these as well time got away from me today, got back in the house just moments before jumping on here. Work is happening lots of it, I will shut down a bit earlier tomorrow more to come looking cool Thanks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back