Stoner's Pred Sculpt

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

StoneHeart

Ok, I've managed to steal fifty pounds of clay from my art class so.. I thought it was time for me to try out sculpting.
Please note this is my first sculpt ever and it's no where near done. And it kinda looks like crap at the moment.
but anyway here it is!

Please don't mind the ****** pics!

divxplusplayer201012031.png

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Giles

It's a starting point and that's the main thing, everyone loves a new sculpt and to see something take shape and my own view is that adds some diversity! Take your time and try to soak up as much advice as you can from other sculpt threads. I'm still working on mine 6 months later and every so often hit a brick wall. My advice is take a few days/week off, put it away with a cloth over it and then look at it with fresh eyes.

I take no credit for the following advice, but it is very useful (can't remember where I read them though!) Take photos and look at them, it highlights areas that might need adjusting more than just looking at the sculpt. DO NOT start detailing until you are absolutely happy with the final roughed out shape (I read and ignored this as I was being impatient to get something looking good and ended up having to tear out the mouth and rip the mandibles off and start again destroying what I felt was some good detailing).

Anyway good luck, and thanks, because every new scuplt I see started gives me a kick up the arse to finish mine!!

ThePriest

It's a starting point and that's the main thing, everyone loves a new sculpt and to see something take shape and my own view is that adds some diversity! Take your time and try to soak up as much advice as you can from other sculpt threads. I'm still working on mine 6 months later and every so often hit a brick wall. My advice is take a few days/week off, put it away with a cloth over it and then look at it with fresh eyes.

I take no credit for the following advice, but it is very useful (can't remember where I read them though!) Take photos and look at them, it highlights areas that might need adjusting more than just looking at the sculpt. DO NOT start detailing until you are absolutely happy with the final roughed out shape (I read and ignored this as I was being impatient to get something looking good and ended up having to tear out the mouth and rip the mandibles off and start again destroying what I felt was some good detailing).

Anyway good luck, and thanks, because every new scuplt I see started gives me a kick up the arse to finish mine!!
a full head sculpt is no joke it will take alot of time keep it up and remember examine other pred sculpts keep your proportion even to the eyes and teeth you'll get it
Good Job so far .

Skullsplitter

Stealing clay? Well, Bill Gates got rich by stealing an Apple II and learning some cool stuff, so we might be looking at the new talent