Stolen Trooper Photos on ebay

AnsonJames

Sr Member
I've just seen a helmet on ebay which is being sold as a movie - fx but has photos of a Gino helmet.
Both of the pictures come from Jez's site in the Gino section in fan made helmets.
There are also three pictures also of a very soft looking and totally different movie - fx helmet.
This guy is obviously trying to rip people off. Mods would it be okay to post a link to the auction?
I think the Gino helmet pictured belongs to a member here.











Edited for speelling.
 
Its a pain when this happens. I specifically state on my site that pics are NOT to be copied for auctions (since its clear that if they're stealing pics they dont have the actual helmet themselves).

If you pm me the details I'll contact ebay's "Picture Theft" people

Cheers

jez
 

Jedirick

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Originally posted by Keith@Jan 19 2006, 08:35 AM
Some of them are pics that i took of my helmet.

Keith.
[snapback]1162767[/snapback]​
Does that mean it's your auction or that your pics were used as well?
 

Keith

Sr Member
No, just the pictures. Looking at them again, only one of the pictures is one that i took of one of my crprops helmets.
I think the other crprops helmet is a picture of board member rebel scum's helmet before it was fully finished.

He got them from Jez's site.

Keith.
 

Gilmortar

Sr Member
have you tried changing that photos url Jez? Can they hotlink pics on ebay auctions? If they are just hotlinking that pic then just put something in it that says, "I'm a hotlinking nut f***er and i dont really have this helmet, cuz i stole the pics from starwarshelmets.com" and then it will show up like that on their ebay auction...
 

Stormtrooper

Well-Known Member
Originally posted by LittleOleBountyHunter@Jan 20 2006, 06:19 AM
have you tried changing that photos url Jez? Can they hotlink pics on ebay auctions? If they are just hotlinking that pic then just put something in it that says, "I'm a hotlinking nut f***er and i dont really have this helmet, cuz i stole the pics from starwarshelmets.com" and then it will show up like that on their ebay auction...
[snapback]1163488[/snapback]​
Unfortunately the auction in question is using eBay's own image-hosting service... the guy has copied the pics from Jez's site of Keith and Rebel Scum's CRPROPS helmets, then uploaded 'em to eBay when submitting his auction.

I had a bit of fun last year when some lazy scumbag ripped off some DVD's I had for sale on eBay... 'cept he linked directly to *my* web-space where I had screen-caps from the DVDs.... BIG MISTAKE. :love
I replaced one of the images with a white background image with the words "I'm a thieving scumbag who rips off other people's work" or something like that. ;)

He didn't realise what I'd done for about 3 days (and 40-odd views) later :lol

Cheers,
John
 

temponaut

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Originally posted by Stormtrooper@Jan 21 2006, 02:23 AM
I replaced one of the images with a white background image with the words "I'm a thieving scumbag who rips off other people's work" or something like that. ;)
Classic. :lol
 

synasp

Sr Member
Rick already mentioned this, but it seems people aren't digesting it:

If you suspect fraud, live auction links are allowed.

I'd go as far as to say they're perhaps even encouraged so people don't get ripped off. I hesitate to say "fully encouraged" as that might open a flood of "Yoda toast auction not real." ;)

So yes, please do post the auction link. From my experience with Ebay, if you report the link as having stolen pictures or otherwise against their rules, they'll usually pull it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

KevVader

Sr Member
Originally posted by synasp@Jan 20 2006, 03:09 PM
Rick already mentioned this, but it seems people aren't digesting it:

If you suspect fraud, live auction links are allowed.

I'd go as far as to say they're perhaps even encouraged so people don't get ripped off. I hesitate to say "fully encouraged" as that might open a flood of "Yoda toast auction not real." ;)

So yes, please do post the auction link. From my experience with Ebay, if you report the link as having stolen pictures or otherwise against their rules, they'll usually pull it.
[snapback]1163929[/snapback]​

....might be a good idea to first contact a Mod with the details so they can make the call as to whether it appears fraudulent or not...no? Might reduce the number of "shoot first, ask questions later..." posts....
 
Last edited by a moderator:

synasp

Sr Member
Originally posted by KevVader@Jan 20 2006, 02:12 PM
....might be a good idea to first contact a Mod with the details so they can make the call as to whether it appears fraudulent or not...no? Might reduce the number of "shoot first, ask questions later..." posts....
[snapback]1163931[/snapback]​
Yes, if there's any doubt it might or might not be fraudulent, PM a mod. If it's absolutely clear, then go ahead and post. If you get it wrong, just pay the winner a premium for jacking up his bid price. ;)

(kidding, just PM a mod)
 

Keith

Sr Member
I sent the seller a message yesterday saying he should not really be using pictures without permission and that the helmet in those pictures was worth a LOT more than the helmet he is selling.

I got quite a long reply back, but it started with "Give me a break" and ended with "Who are you anyway?"

I didn't send him a reply back. I don't want to talk to people like that over the internet.

Keith.
 

skyit

Well-Known Member
since it's a fraud selling items that are not connected with the auction pictures, the link should be posted..
 
I contacted the seller on Thursday telling him that the pics were from my site and I've a disclaimer on it saying pics cant be used for auctions.

He didnt reply so I contacted Ebay's photo theft people this morning. They usually close the auction down with 24 hours

Cheers

Jez
 

OldKen

Master Member
sweet, good work jez.

that is really lame,

one to use pics fom jez's site

and 2 that he is blatently lying about a product, hope it gets shut down before some poor shmo gets what sounds like might actually be a... dare i say, FX recast? (from the sound of "FX looking but softer")

either way, hope they do more than shut down the auction, cause he's got to know how bad what he is doing is... lame .
 
Top