Stolen Helmets

Agreed, it looks targeted.
I can imagine a scenario where someone comes in to deliver something, the display looks cool, so maybe he takes a photo of it, shows it to a crooked buddy, crooked buddy asks where the place is, and the rest is what it is. It's unlikely that anyone of those who have been to your office did it, but there's no doubt one of them communicated with the one who did.

The other thing is the possibility that someone involved in this is on RPF reading this - and will be laying low for a while.

I'm glad you're covered, but the violation still sucks big time.
Sorry this happened to you, I'm in SoCal too, and we'll still keep an eye out.

I just read through this as well.

This really sucks! We all know it's not about the money- we invest our time and love into these things- a piece of our life goes into them. The monetary replacement is certainly better than not being insured (like the majority of collectors!), but you can't replace the investment of time and energy that goes into these things.

The good news is that it's not "waterboarding" when you use diesel fuel. Send me the name of this guy and I'll make some calls.

Someone is inquiring about the value of four Helmets. But they don’t look like the 4 that are yours.

Someone is inquiring about the value of four Helmets. But they don’t look like the 4 that are yours.

Not sure why you would even make a post like this since as you say, they obviously aren't the helmets being talked about here. Not to mention that Cenobyte is a long time member here who is well respected and regarded within the community, not to mention the last person who would ever steal.

I was expecting a Jawa to be on the security cam, either way terrible situation. Karma will get them in the long run.

Not sure why you would even make a post like this since as you say, they obviously aren't the helmets being talked about here. Not to mention that Cenobyte is a long time member here who is well respected and regarded within the community, not to mention the last person who would ever steal.
Huh. Ok. Good luck with the helmets.

New member syndrome. Wants to help but mucks it up. Probably a victim of the ever changing gallery. Lol

TazMan2000
Yeah I guess I wasn’t thinking. Literally went from reading a post about 4 stolen helmets to a post “help identify these 4 helmets.” Or whatever.
And I’m sure that cenobyte is a cool cat but I guess helmets aren’t his strong suit. but I don’t know him but I haven’t been a member for 20 years or a massive contributor or anything. Again good luck with the helmets.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back