Stolen Helmets

Yeesh, I'm sorry to hear about this. Blast this all over Facebook and other social media places, someone is bound to know the guy and that's a very clear picture of him.

A bit of a differing opinion here but I would not blast him everywhere. Considering that you believe he was sent in with purpose it likely means he or the person he is stealing for knows the value of these items and how they exceed that of your electronics. This likely means that they are in the know with the community. Putting him on blast will probably mean they just go silent for a good long time. I'm not sure I have a great answer but if i knew a mob was looking for me rather then just one guy I wouldn't show my face again.

Any cameras outside get his car/ license plate? He sure wasn't gonna carry that down the sidewalk.

I'm sure police asked this but sheesh.

This is so gross I can't even eat.

Nothing will come of this from the police. The officer was very nice, but this isn’t a high priority in the climate we all live now. The community is my only hope, which I have little. Not in you the community, just in getting my stuff back. I feel violated

Did he take the items out eventually before leaving the property or just took the whole damn thing? Those detolfs are not light!

This is just awful. Are there any security cameras outside to see where he went, or perhaps other businesses that have security cameras that show different angles from the street to see what kind of vehicle he went into, back of his outfit, etc?

This is just awful. Are there any security cameras outside to see where he went, or perhaps other businesses that have security cameras that show different angles from the street to see what kind of vehicle he went into, back of his outfit, etc?

Good thinking, he had to load them into a vehicle

If the case is not smashed on the street he had to have loaded it in a fairly decent size vehicle

I would ask the surrounding businesses if they have any security cameras, and I wouldn’t drag my feet

I use to install CCTV and most customers would opt for the cheapest options which is only 5-7 day hard drive. Once 5 days are full it starts deleting day 1 to record day 6. So the longer you wait to check the surrounding company’s, the easier it is to lose the footage :(

This is just gut wrenching dude, I'm so sorry.
The fact that he took 4 star wars helmets and left a $7k camera and other easily accessible / sellable electronics means he wasn't there to grab common valuable stuff to take to the pawn shop.
So unfortunately I do not think you will be seeing these pop up for sale on ebay. It very clearly looks like he (or the person who sent him) just wanted your star wars helmets or they'd have taken something else. You can steal a camera in broad daylight and walk casually down the street without suspicion, but not a display case full of helmets. So the helmets had to be the main goal, and I'll bet you it's because the person just wanted them.
So in my opinion, you should be looking first at any people close to you, delivery drivers, installers, or co-workers that have expressed any interest in the helmets and/or have had any strange behavior since the theft. Can you think of a time when someone who was recently in your office for the first time made a comment about them? If it's not visible from the street and nobody comes into your office, then it's most likely someone you know who sent him in to get it.

Not that what happened is in any way acceptable, but... I've displayed sabers at work that were okay and one at a hobby shop that was stolen (or misplaced?). Clearly not the same value, but when I decided to display them I took into account that possibility they would be stolen. Considering that, I only displayed things I wouldn't miss in the event they were stolen. After all, in the words of Perry Cox on Scrubs, "people are ba$tard covered bastards with ba$tard filling".

Have you contacted abc7 Los Angeles news? I think, in order to alert them, you can post to Instagram and put #abc7. I think. But post to them somehow and do a write up about how ONLY the Star Wars display was stolen and how all the electronics were left behind. Recall that abc7 is owned by Disney!!! Seriously, you could spin this enough to get local news coverage maybe.

If they post this video on the local news this guy could be dead in the water.

I agree that these were stolen to keep, not to sell. So I'd plaster this video up everywhere and anywhere - assuming he is not trying to sell the stuff and get caught that way.

Make him afraid to sleep (same goes for Anovos but that's a different story).

Hate to call this out but does your office have a cleaning service? If someone on that service bragged to the wrong person about the cool Star Wars stuff at your office that may be a place to look. Also, does that fools hoody have a logo?

Is that all he took? I mean, if so, it seems like someone would have known what they were looking for. In and out with nothing else, is a very intentional act.

As others ahve said, unfortunately it seems you have a 'friend' who betrayed your trust in taking these. I would probably say its not any delivery person or other random that told that guy to steal given the description of other valuables he left. So yes, As others said, I wouldnt wait on asking about the cameras outside either. I would be posting it all over your facebook too, if its someone on your contacts list too which I think it might be...

As others ahve said, unfortunately it seems you have a 'friend' who betrayed your trust in taking these. I would probably say its not any delivery person or other random that told that guy to steal given the description of other valuables he left. So yes, As others said, I wouldnt wait on asking about the cameras outside either. I would be posting it all over your facebook too, if its someone on your contacts list too which I think it might be...
I would also take a print out of the guy to surrounding businesses and ask them if they have seen they guy. They might have seen him around, know him if he is local or even have him working on their property. If anything, they will know who to keep an eye out for and to let you know if they see him.

Thanks for the comments guys. My office has only been open since Feburary and it’s me and my best friend and three young kids that are all family friends. No Cameras outside. No one comes into my office. One FedEx guy commented and looked quite a bit. The video is plain as day, he came in for ONLY the SW stuff, period. I called my insurance today and it’s all covered and it’s all replaceable. I picked up ZORG’s last 2-1B kit a month or so ago....so off to ordering and painting I go. Never will I bring pieces to my office!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back