SteveStarkiller / Maruska - Please help - you're our only hope (ANH Falcon)

cking

Sr Member
SteveStarkiller / Maruska,

You may have missed my thread regarding the rear wall to the cockpit of the Bandai 1/72nd Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon,

The decal which Bandai have produced for the model is very grainy and not detailed / accurate.

I know that both of you guys have dome some AMAZING work on your ANH cockpit interiors.

Would it be possible to have a hi-res, true elevation of just the rear wall so it could be used to create a new decal to improve the accuracy of the rear wall on the model for us model makers who are striving to make the interior match the full size ANH Falcon set?

Thanks in advance guys!

Chris

Yes, I know but it would be great to have a straight elevation shot wouldn't it instead of messing around with it in Photoshop.
Hopefully SteveStarkiller or Maruska will see this thread.

Hi. You know that Joshua Maruska has already posted a full 3D model of the ANH cockpit backwall? It contains decent-rez JPEG preview images which, although not a straight elevation shot, can easily be adjusted in Photoshop for that purpose.

https://grabcad.com/library/millennium-falcon-cockpit-bulkhead-full-detail-1

Well SteveStarkiller and Maruska certainly have the tools and expertise since it's their own models I'm talking about. I've sent PM's, emails and started these threads but haven't had much luck yet. Hopefully one of them will see my message and be able to help out.

Sure. If you have the tools and expertise, yes.

Let me see what’s involved. Keep in mind, mine is an idealized ANH cockpit that only existed before ANH started filming (see Starkiller’s thread for that history). Also, Bandai chose to make an ESB cockpit for the Perfect Grade kit - this may work in our favor, but maybe not. I just got my kit, so I can start measuring out their parts. No promises though...

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your reply. I don't think it matters if it's idealized at this small scale. I'm sure it will look awesome when printed.

If you have the ability to print at the correct size onto waterslide decal paper, I'm sure you'll be able to sell a few sets of them!

Please keep us posted.

Let me see what’s involved. Keep in mind, mine is an idealized ANH cockpit that only existed before ANH started filming (see Starkiller’s thread for that history). Also, Bandai chose to make an ESB cockpit for the Perfect Grade kit - this may work in our favor, but maybe not. I just got my kit, so I can start measuring out their parts. No promises though...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back