Steve Neill - makeup effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNeill

Sr Member
I did know this existed. Funny and I did this stuff for over 30 years. everything from Spock's ears to Ghost busters.

Although most of my work these days is CGI and model work-film making I do still take the occasional flash back in the old art.

I did these in late 2010.

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

sixthfinger23bnet.jpg

I did this one too. Both favorite subjects for me. Especially the Sixth finger because I worked and was friends with both John Chambers and Fred Philips.

finished2-2.jpg

Great to see this section here!

Good move Art!

Steve

Thanks Paul. To see more of the effect work I have done for you younger guys that may never have heard of me go here: sneillfx.com

Here's another picture you might recognize. The guy behind her with his hand in her face is me. I did other stuff on the film beside the hand gag. Was even in the terror dog suit a couple of times and puppeteered him as well.

Steve

steve-ghostBusters.jpg

Here's a picture you don't wee much it's the sculpt I did for the hand I'm wearing.

ghostbustershands5001.jpg

Hey I'm glad you are enjoying those ears!

steve

And here's another rare one. I did all of Chris's prosthetics in Fright Night except for the last stage. This is the sculpt of the hand pieces for the pencil gag I did. I keep finding this stuff and have a bunch more somewhere.

frightnight2001.jpg

frightnight1001.jpg

Awesome as always Steve.

Also a proud owner of some Ears.

Funny thing is the wearable ones most people don't bat an eye when I have them on! :lol

Thanks guys. Hey they won't the can barely see the stop signs or your rear bumper for the texting and smart phone. ;)

steve

Here's one I think some of you older guys will know. I did a lot of Gorilla work in my suits. Rick Baker was kind enough to recommend me to many such jobs.

Lets see how many of you know what this is from. BTW this shoot nearly killed me. it was 105 on the sound stage when we shot. It was before cool suits. The AC broke down on the stage of course.

Steve

kingKong232.jpg

Is that from the Transamerica commercial? I think I remember seeing it as a teenager, unless my memory is playing tricks. Great thread, love seeing your original work up close.

The only film I can think of is "King Kong Lives" but that was '86. Other than that I have no idea what that still could be from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back