upmost
i have absolutely no idea

"Be your own host"

Doesn't fit the text but sounds better to me

"Do you fell that your bonus situation is not on an equitable level."

"10 Things You Didn't Know About Xenomorphs": no #6 will shock you"

"They mostly come at night. Mostly"

Last edited by a moderator:
He's on Twitter, so does someone want to ask him. He's a bit of a nerd (at least when it comes to LOTR), so he might not mind

I tried creating a Twitter account but I've been logged out. Said I was exhibiting "robot like tendencies"

Ckeek!

Nice start. I would suggest moving the front photo down a tad, and then if you look at the screen shot, it looks like the back photo is stretched out and the astronaut is wider. I believe they did this to fit it on the back. You have the back too short in width and if you fold this like a magazine, it will not match the size of the front.
Then you will need to adjust all the font text to match the correct spacing and placement as on the original. See the red boxes which overlay your art, and show were the text lies on the original.

Your design
Mag_Cover_01.jpg

The original front
Mag_Cover_02.jpg

Overlay
Mag_Cover_03.jpg

ok the red text
"be your
---most"

looks like it has a either a W,V or a Y and either a O,P,D,R before the most

inmost
upmost
i have absolutely no idea

I thought it could be XENOMOST, as most of these type of publications enjoy bad puns and play on words.

Peter

Looking better. Two things I see immediately... the white text above Facehugger Fancy on yours is too far away from the main title. Check the spacing on the original and see how close it is supposed to be. The other thing is on your red text "Be your xenomost". The original has all capitol letters, and both the top and bottom row are the same size font. On your version, you have the bottom text in lowercase. And watch the space between your red and green text. Looks like you have too much space.

The original also might have a slight black drop shadow on the main title Facehugger Fancy, which is making it pop a little more.

I know this is probably coming across as too picky, but this is the RPF, lol. Perfection is the ultimate goal, :lol

Great job so far! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back