Steel City Con - Krofft Superstar Reunion Tour! And ME!

chewbaccadoll

Sr Member
Hey all,

Is anyone going to the Steel City Con?

I just got involved with the "Krofft" part of the Con recently when I joined up with Tim Bendig at In Person Productions and Ethan Tudor W.

Weird, happened out of the blue... as a lot of you know, I make t-shirts and Ethan had found my Krofft Productions Logo shirt on Red Bubble (not even my own t-shirt site!) and contacted me about getting shirts for the Krofft Superstars (who he's friends with) Wesley Eure, Kathy Coleman, Butch Patrick and Johnny Whittaker.

That evolved into me talking with Tim (who puts that part of the show together) and we are forming a business relationship now due to his love for promoting/merchandising of t-shirts and retro nostalgia, just like myself.

Anyways, I ended up designing a Krofft Superstar Reunion Tour Convention shirt exclusively for the Con. Here's a sneak peak (we kept it simple for cost and testing the market):

KROFFT_REUNION_SHIRT_DESIGN1.png

More designs for future shows will be coming, but for now it's just this and very limited quantity since I had to front the money.

I'm getting autographs, pictures, etc from all of the Superstars and might be Skyped into a live broadcast Ethan is doing on his talk show "The Neverhood" with the cast members. Here's a link to his show:

The Neverhood Show Online Radio by EthanTudorW | Blog Talk Radio

He interviews EVERYONE from that era plus more. Some of you might enjoy it.

A pretty cool turn of events for me as it looks like I will be the exclusive shirt vendor for "KrofftCon" as it continues after Steel City Con. L.A. is the next stop, not sure when plus Tim is setting me up with other celebrities looking to mechandize through shirts. Ian Petrella ("Randy", Ralphie's brother from "A Christmas Story") is supossed to be contacting me to hook up and bang out a shirt for his character's infamous lines, "Oinki, Oink!" haha.

If you're a Krofft fan and can get to Pittsburgh this coming weekend, go! And tell me how it was! Wish I could go!!

-K

I'll be there on Sunday hopefully. I'll keep an eye out for your shirt.

Cool! Take pictures if you can! And enjoy of course! Sounds like a fun Con.

I tried to have shirts made up for Billy Dee, his son (Klaatu) and Anthony Daniels who will all be there as I was told Ethan and Tim will be right next to them and sort of know each other. Would've been cool to have that under my belt too.

Maybe the next show!

-K

Doesn't look like I'm going to get to go. :( My buddy can't go and I don't want to make the 2 hour drive alone.

The con itself isn't that great. It's basically a room full of dealers all sell the same stuff. I only ever go for the autos. But alas this time it was not to be...

Doesn't look like I'm going to get to go. :( My buddy can't go and I don't want to make the 2 hour drive alone.

The con itself isn't that great. It's basically a room full of dealers all sell the same stuff. I only ever go for the autos. But alas this time it was not to be...

Oh, too bad. Really? about it not being that good? The website makes it look pretty great, but if it's mostly dealers pedaling the same overpriced stuff, I get it.

Well, I'll be offering the Convention shirts to my friends here on the RPF after the show to whoever is interested.

Are there even that many Krofft fans here?! Judging by the lack of responses I'm thinking not!

There is usually a very small 501st group, but just way too many old junky toys. I wish they would do some panels or something.

I'll be there Saturday. I haven't gone in a few years, and we're hoping to introduce my nephew to an R2(if Jonny5 or another builder is there).

Last edited:
There is usually a very small 501st group, but just way too many old junky toys. I wish they would do some panels or something.

We're constantly told they have no room to do any panels. When the current owner bought the show back oooo, 05 or 06 he had plans to try and make it a huge con, but its just never taken off that way.

I'll be there tomorrow and Sunday.

Every time I've been there they've had some kind of craft show on the other side of the convention center. If they'd ditch that they'd have more room. Of course it probably makes more money than the con. :)

Every time I've been there they've had some kind of craft show on the other side of the convention center. If they'd ditch that they'd have more room. Of course it probably makes more money than the con. :)

Probably. :lol I go just to hang out anymore. Can't remember the last time I actually bought anything there.

Well, this year it's not a "craft" show, it's a "Krofft" show!

Bada bum.

Seriously, to those going, have fun and do report back if you can! I'll post the pics I'll be getting.

-K

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back