Steel and Gold Plated Brass DaVinci Code Bank Key - Interest Thread

LI  PIC.jpg

Granted this has to be broken down into printable parts from Shapeways, but I never posted the final appearance before now.
So, here it is. Any final comments are welcome, I will likely complete the Shapeways order tomorrow.

Last edited:
Don't know about the gap between the key part and the cross to be honest. Don't have access to my bluray screencaps right now, but will take a look this evening.

compare 1.jpg

Ah ! I think you're right. Screen caps are often hard to see, so I also used one of the better REPLICAS as a template.
This shows that the replica has a POST between gold and silver shaft. But it does not appear to be in the screen cap.
That's fixable. Thanks. :cool:

In attachments two screenshots (I have put the brightness up a bit). If I can help with some more screencaps, let me know. Happy to provide you with as much material as needed to make the perfect replica ;-)

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2021-01-19-21h32m07s421.jpg
    vlcsnap-2021-01-19-21h32m07s421.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 115
  • vlcsnap-2021-01-19-21h30m55s694.jpg
    vlcsnap-2021-01-19-21h30m55s694.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 100
In attachments two screenshots (I have put the brightness up a bit). If I can help with some more screencaps, let me know. Happy to provide you with as much material as needed to make the perfect replica ;-)

Actually, the one thing I had left off, was around the silver "pearl" in the center. I can't tell anything from any screen cap about what is around the pearl.

I don't know if it's really a pearl, actually. It might be a silver orb-like ornament. I know it's seen in the key that was made my the same juweler that made the screen used key, but I think the inner shape of the lily on this one and the screen used one might be a bit different (or it's just the angle, playing tricks on the eyes). But to me it seems the most inner petals of the screen used key (right) go more sharp towards each other than in the left one on the picture, leaving less place for that orb-thing.

Also attached a close-up of the Noble key. The orb-part is also there, but more "behind" than "between" the petals. I think that's also what I see in the screencap.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2021-01-20-23h46m09s789.jpg
    vlcsnap-2021-01-20-23h46m09s789.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Dsc_0497.jpg
    Dsc_0497.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Hmmm....finally submitted my model. The gold cross part got rejected. The "serif" part of of each end of the cross comes to to fine of a point. The point is too thin. At .58, it would need to be .8 to pass. This would mean increasing the thickness by nearly 50%. I don't think I can do that and still have it accurate. Not too many other options out there to do this. I think this one is cancelled.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back