Steel and Gold Plated Brass DaVinci Code Bank Key - Interest Thread

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay, this is just an interest thread to throw the concept out there.

I could potentially have a reasonably accurate Bank Key made at Shapeways, clean it up myself, and sell it Shipped-USA for $90 and Shipped-International for $100.

It would be the same size as the letter opener version.

The Cross and gold colored pieces would be gold plated brass from Shapeways, all the silver colored pieces would be steel from Shapeways.

It would fix the orientation of the HAXO 24 compared to the Noble key. It would have gold dots. And it would have the main inscription engraved, rather than printed.

Anyone interested ?

If a couple people are interested, I'll order a prototype for myself, and see what it looks like.

Interest list :

1. Jamesfett
2. TomVDJ
3. ColdVizjerei
4. rockbottom
5. MattgomeryBurns
6. Eurojunkman
goldcylon
RbbyRbt

Last edited:
Cool. I'll make the final adjustments to my prototype and order within the next week. Receiving it depends on how busy they are. Sometimes it arrives much sooner then the estimate they give.

The cross is Gold but the flower thing on front is silver.

Is the "Silver part" referenced in the first post the key part or flower part?

The cross is Gold but the flower thing on front is silver.

Is the "Silver part" referenced in the first post the key part or flower part?

oooo.jpg

*ALL* silver parts will be Shapeways steel, including the flower. Just as the letter opener is assembled, I will have to make the parts interlock and clean them up and then do the assembly before shipping out the keys.

Can somebody explain the red arrow item ? It's not on the letter opener key I'm copying, so won't be on my replica, but it wasn't clear where or what this is, since it's not in the first picture, but is in the second.......

o_O??????????????

Last edited:
This is purely a guess, I know nothing about this prop, but it looks like a rod that goes through the whole key shaft to secure it to the handle. You can see it in these pictures too:

D1435CA3-4F9B-4198-B058-349DAD292286.jpeg D2A64E9F-71F4-4FFF-AACD-2FC2A1BFD0A3.jpeg

The shaft isn't a simple triangular prism shape, one of the edges is longer than the other two. That obscures the view of this feature from some angles.

This is purely a guess, I know nothing about this prop, but it looks like a rod that goes through the whole key shaft to secure it to the handle. You can see it in these pictures too:

View attachment 1353563 View attachment 1353564

The shaft isn't a simple triangular prism shape, one of the edges is longer than the other two. That obscures the view of this feature from some angles.

Awesome, Thanks ! I'll leave it out.

Please add me to the list. Thank you.

Okay. I think I've finally figured out the proper way to 3D print these so they will interlock properly. The problem is that steel has a different potential shrinkage and prints at a lower resolution than gold plated brass. This is going to require some effort to get this to work. Since I've finally worked out the specifics, should send off the order soon. (I've said that before :lol: )

Okay, this is just an interest thread to throw the concept out there.

I could potentially have a reasonably accurate Bank Key made at Shapeways, clean it up myself, and sell it Shipped-USA for $90 and Shipped-International for $100.

It would be the same size as the letter opener version.

The Cross and gold colored pieces would be gold plated brass from Shapeways, all the silver colored pieces would be steel from Shapeways.

It would fix the orientation of the HAXO 24 compared to the Noble key. It would have gold dots. And it would have the main inscription engraved, rather than printed.

Anyone interested ?

If a couple people are interested, I'll order a prototype for myself, and see what it looks like.

Interest list :

1. Jamesfett
2. TomVDJ
3. ColdVizjerei
4. rockbottom
5. MattgomeryBurns
6. Eurojunkman
goldcylon
I would be interested in this, you can put me on the list.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back