Steel and Gold Plated Brass DaVinci Code Bank Key - Interest Thread

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
LI  PIC.jpg

Granted this has to be broken down into printable parts from Shapeways, but I never posted the final appearance before now.
So, here it is. Any final comments are welcome, I will likely complete the Shapeways order tomorrow.

Last edited:

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Don't know about the gap between the key part and the cross to be honest. Don't have access to my bluray screencaps right now, but will take a look this evening.

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
compare 1.jpg

Ah ! I think you're right. Screen caps are often hard to see, so I also used one of the better REPLICAS as a template.
This shows that the replica has a POST between gold and silver shaft. But it does not appear to be in the screen cap.
That's fixable. Thanks. :cool:

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
In attachments two screenshots (I have put the brightness up a bit). If I can help with some more screencaps, let me know. Happy to provide you with as much material as needed to make the perfect replica ;-)

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2021-01-19-21h32m07s421.jpg
    vlcsnap-2021-01-19-21h32m07s421.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 35
  • vlcsnap-2021-01-19-21h30m55s694.jpg
    vlcsnap-2021-01-19-21h30m55s694.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 29

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
In attachments two screenshots (I have put the brightness up a bit). If I can help with some more screencaps, let me know. Happy to provide you with as much material as needed to make the perfect replica ;-)

Actually, the one thing I had left off, was around the silver "pearl" in the center. I can't tell anything from any screen cap about what is around the pearl.

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't know if it's really a pearl, actually. It might be a silver orb-like ornament. I know it's seen in the key that was made my the same juweler that made the screen used key, but I think the inner shape of the lily on this one and the screen used one might be a bit different (or it's just the angle, playing tricks on the eyes). But to me it seems the most inner petals of the screen used key (right) go more sharp towards each other than in the left one on the picture, leaving less place for that orb-thing.

Also attached a close-up of the Noble key. The orb-part is also there, but more "behind" than "between" the petals. I think that's also what I see in the screencap.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2021-01-20-23h46m09s789.jpg
    vlcsnap-2021-01-20-23h46m09s789.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Dsc_0497.jpg
    Dsc_0497.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: