Steampunk raygun

The 48th Ronin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It only took me about a year to get around to it, but I just recently completed this Steampunk raygun (having been inspired by DARTH SABER's awesome raygun build - if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and do a search for it... it's just that cool)

414100222.jpg

414100223.jpg

414100224.jpg

414100225.jpg

414100226.jpg

414100227.jpg

414100228.jpg

414100229.jpg

You can see what I started out with in the build thread here:

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=571cdbe4ab8e6a6049a47c7220d0a7d9&topic=12891.0

Last edited:
Much "steampunk" is too fragile-looking and overdone for my taste, but I'm liking this one. Particularly the Xacto Ergo handle. :cool:thumbsup

Really nice piece here. Nice aesthetic design wise, really nice build, and a really great paintjob. I love the colors on the blaster tip, (that metal blue).

Beautiful! You took a fantastic piece and finished it off with an equally fantastic paint job. Well done sir!

-Bryan

Steampunk is one of my favorite genres, and you, sir, have outdone yourself! Very sweet gun! Kind of brings a tear to my eye...

Seriously, this is a nice piece, and I am proud to download your photos and put them in my "Steampunk" file! :love

I've a feeling we've met before...

It's still a bloody good looking gun!

(should've done it in a natural wood finish, though... ;))

I think much of the Steampunk builds are just a few pieces of brass or copper glued on or a metallic paint job... they just don't look the part. Also, for the most part Steampunk is just overdone.

That said, this is a VERY nice looking piece that has the right look to it. Outstanding job on the build and the paint really fits. Beautiful piece.

Very nice job. Funny how despite the steampunk aesthetic, it still has a very contemporary look to it. Makes it a very believable bit of hardware!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back