Limited Run Static ISYHCANL (complete build) X9

**UPDATE**

*All of these are now sold!*

Just wanted to thank everyone that has put their trust in me and bought one of these! It's genuinely appreciated!

Thanks to you, I can now move on to the next stage of this project...

For anyone that's interested in owning one of these, I'm now offering them in kit form. There's a run HERE that now includes all parts needed to create your own *screen accurate* static YUMA/ISYHCANL/HERO.

The kit will be slightly cheaper, due to it being a DIY kit, and the fact that it's a run of 25 rather than 10.

I'm really excited about getting this next run off the ground! So if you're interested, please take a look and leave a comment! :)

Cheers,

Dave

TITLE IMAGE NEW.png

Last edited:
With everything happening, I completely forgot to post my appreciation for this piece. It's perfect in every way, from the machined parts to the paint job to the overall finished prop. Instant favorite in my collection.

I won't even try to post pictures because there's no way they would hold a candle to the pics in this thread. ;)

With everything happening, I completely forgot to post my appreciation for this piece. It's perfect in every way, from the machined parts to the paint job to the overall finished prop. Instant favorite in my collection.

I won't even try to post pictures because there's no way they would hold a candle to the pics in this thread. ;)

Thanks, Michel! That's really great to hear! So glad that you're happy with it. :)

Hi Dave
I’ve only now just come across this Beautiful kit but It looks like I’ve just missed out on this run. Would you be any chance be doing a second run in the future? As I would be very interested in getting one of these kits (maybe 2 depending on budget).
anywaysjust thought I would ask as I’m the Biggest Luke fan and would really love to add these to my ROTJ Luke Display

Hi Dave
I’ve only now just come across this Beautiful kit but It looks like I’ve just missed out on this run. Would you be any chance be doing a second run in the future? As I would be very interested in getting one of these kits (maybe 2 depending on budget).
anywaysjust thought I would ask as I’m the Biggest Luke fan and would really love to add these to my ROTJ Luke Display
Hi. Thanks. There will almost certainly be a second run. The first run is in production now, but there have been a couple of people drop out with others taking their place. I can add you to the list of people to contact if a spot does come up. I'll let you know when the second run happens too. Cheers.

I have one from your first run and would definitely be interested in a run of this variant, if you do a second run. Please add me to the 'interested' list. Thanks!!

Your paint goes all the way to the top edge of the walls. If you have access to anodizing equipment, I am curious about an idea.

Imagine if you lathed the neck and finger grooves first. Dip the neck half, and anodize a copper color. Dip the other half, and anodize a black color.
When you machine the rest of the hilt, all the extra color will be removed. But the copper and black areas will be an integral oxide layer, instead of paint.

Since the main hilt remains all aluminium, it can accept a protective coating for the metal, such as MC-5100.

To be honest, I'm not personally familiar with anodising (the actual prop was painted), so I can't say anything for certain. I can tell you that the way I painted these was to paint the whole grenade section, and then sand back the rings, rather than masking each ring individually. So if you were going for something more hard wearing, I can't see why you couldn't take the same approach.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back