StarWars Revell Easy Kits

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ive been looking at the StarWars Revel Easy model Kits on Flea bay and they are coming in at some really low prices.

I know they are inaccurate but the reason i have been looking at them is for the purpose of the next UK Prop Party.

I was thinking of buying a few of these Kits and getting you guys to build them in a sort of Model Making workshop we could perhaps throw in some extra pieces to try and make them slightly more accurate and then at the end of the weekend raffle them off or give them away.

At the recent SFX weekender there was a gaming workshop that was really popular and i was thinking along the same sort of lines with a model building workshop.

what do you think :)

Re: StarWars Revel Easy Kits

Good idea, but you know the easy kits are literally easier to build than Lego sets? There's not much model building involved - except you go down the road of heavily modifying them.

Good idea, but you know the easy kits are literally easier to build than Lego sets? There's not much model building involved - except you go down the road of heavily modifying them.

i did think about the ease of building these but at the Prop Party we only have a weekend to get them built which kind of made sense, the general idea i had was for the guys to show that by using an "easy Kit" and adding extra bits you can make anything look at little more Accurate..... does that make sense :confused

By the way Guys im sorry for pre empting your involvement :facepalm

im naturally assuming you would be happy to help me and the RPF out :)

Sounds like a great idea! I love seeing people take what's already available out there and improving on it.

We had a German model builder at the last Jedi Con repaint an Easy Kit Falcon - looked ten times better afterwards. That might be an idea. Building it takes 15 minutes - not much of a workshop ;)

We had a German model builder at the last Jedi Con repaint an Easy Kit Falcon - looked ten times better afterwards. That might be an idea. Building it takes 15 minutes - not much of a workshop ;)

Thanks Dan :thumbsup

maybe try and source some of the old AMT/ERTL kits? at least that's proper building and they're usually not too expensive either.

That guy with the glasses, sitting at a table in the exhibit room?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back