Starting the Bio concept for my new suit

ptgreek

So since my concept is a more primal gladiator-sh pred, I began work on his Bio tonight. Pete sent me out a super light fiberglass P1 with the checks cut away. I remembered something that King Jamie did to a bio years ago.
Went to my local art supply store to look for acrylic textures and decided on this

94367aa4.jpg

I basically slathered the bio in this stuff with a wide brush then went to town on it with a fork

86d09e6d.jpg

0a186b44.jpg

This is where I sort of am tonight ..went over it again with the fork as it started to get tacky

4f75030f.jpg

Got to let it dry completely then I'll start attacking it with some paint. Never quite know how these things are going to come out ..they just start with an idea in my head ..I knew I didnt want to go the standard polished metal look. didnt quite seem to fit the concept I was going for.

so ..what do you guys think so far?

94367aa4.jpg

86d09e6d.jpg

0a186b44.jpg

4f75030f.jpg

Cool ..thats what I was kind of going for ...something carved ..like an old African mask. I think thats all for tonight this stuff may take awhile to dry

An interesting idea indeed. Curious to see how this turns out as it will be quite different as you say from the normal polished Bio. Haven't seen this material before so thanks for that, I might have a use for it myself.

what a cool effect ;)

It does look like a woody bark effect, very primevil/old/batterd/war torn etc.

nice find with the liquitex stuff, does it go really hard? ( thats not a wood joke either by the way :) )

Hit it with some burnt umber, then airbrused a few silver highlights ..then some blackened bronze and a little iron...just playing with it a little bit.

06654cca.jpg

06654cca.jpg

Looks nice and primal. Like its made of bark or some nature material.
The possibilities are endless! I'd like to see someone use Spackle to do this :)

Hello,

That is a pretty cool idea. Did you get that acrylic stuff at a Michaels crafts? Did you apply anything before hand as a primer?

Thanks Daren

I didnt get it at Michaels ..more of a specialty art supply store in Los Angeles, but it is pretty commonly used so Michaels may have it. I didnt primer it at all befor adding the texture...this isnt a resin cast Bio BTW ..it is a fiberglass pull. I hit it with a coat flat black primer before I started the many layers of acrylic paint

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back