Starting new Joker project....need help with costume

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by Brent M, May 16, 2012.

1. Brent M

Brent M Sr Member

I know I'm probably a few years too late in getting started on this, but I'm finally putting together a life-size Ledger Joker statue for display and could use some help in the clothing department. I know Indy Magnoli has the best stuff available by far and I will probably be buying some specific pieces from him like the gloves, pants and possibly a couple other things, but I don't think I can get the whole ensemble from him as it would be over $2000 for everything I need. So, my question is this: where is a good place to find other pieces of clothing for a complete Joker at reasonable prices? Is there someplace that has all the components or would I be better off picking up individual pieces at different spots? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cool

2. Indy Magnoli

Indy Magnoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

One of the easiest pieces to go the cheap route (or even skip altogether) is the blazer. The overcoat you can get away with going cheap if you find one with a decent pattern (none I've seen have got all the nuances yet) and with a lot of hand weathering, most would never know the difference. The rest I have yet to see cheap alternatives look the part.

My two cents,
    Magnoli

3. Brent M

Brent M Sr Member

Thanks for the comments, Indy. I will definitely be ordering the gloves from you as well as possibly getting pants and a couple of other pieces as well. I will definitely need to find a cheaper alternative for the long purple overcoat, though, and I'm hoping someone can help me find a good one at a decent price.

4. rockbottom

rockbottom Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have some pieces available. Pm'd you