start of my custom pred

sgtspaz

hey all, as you all know by now i am a new guy, but am looking forward to contributing to them. Today i started my first predator costume prop! (yay me). I decided to start with the gauntley blades, after all what a predator without its wrist blades? I got the design of these forums but can not for the life of me remember who it was, i will check and credit them later i promise, anyway this is a rough version of the blade and although i like the way it came out its a bit to AVP style for my likeing, im an old school kinda guy (i prefere P1). So i am thinking of redesigning the blade and using this one as some sort of knife. Anyway guys thanks for looking!

Photo_00009.jpg

Photo_00008.jpg

i have no idea my friend, i just had a go using plastic and it turned out well. I am also going to make a knife and maul to go with the costume, oh and i am considering making a mold for the blades cause im finding it hard to get them all even and i can then use them to make copies for anyone who wishes to have some. Its a win win:)

nice blades they came out realy cool...
and welcome to the lair....im new also....your going to like it here .. meny good people here..
and soo much to learn from very talented people here on the lair

sorry for the double post but i have updates, unfortunatly later then i expected only due to myself and my dad being in a car accident and having lots of things to sort out. Anyway here you can see my template to my sword, blades and the start of my bicep armour. The bicep armour i tried to recreate from the first predator movie.

DSC02694.JPG

DSC02695.JPG

eep triple post.. oh well i have updates. anyway have my first shoulder bell cut out ready for tomorrow , also my fighting knives in rough form. sorry bout the poor quality.

Photo_00002.jpg

Photo_00006.jpg

Photo_00007.jpg

bit of help please, some one who can actually draw unlike myself.

Draw what? What u need help with? There are a lot of templates from Vinman clicky here AVP Templates
you can just print them out to size and cut out of anything, pvc sheet, foamies etc.

Good Luck and try using the search function and go thru the entire Huntorial Section. Everything you want to know is there. EVERYTHING!

its not an armour design, it was something else but its no worries now i figured something out. Hopefully it will turn out ok.

They are made out of plasic, im not sure what kind to be honest with you, all i know is that it was my old window shelf .:)
If you mean the white plastic they use to make window frames and doors ect then I assume it's going to be PVC plastic. Lol. Nice work bud. :D

cheers guys, i have created a new one now slightly longer as i am going to try and make the blade retract. I am also going to use it to created molds, this is a first for me so wish me luck!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back