start building iron man mark v my first costum ever

FreakT

Hi guys,
after a lot of research I want to try to build my first Amory suit of iron man.
I love the mark V, but there are no pep files that I could found in web, so I will try to do what I can...
For now all what I did is from scretch and lots of pictures from tootle, the base for the chest is my old icehockey chest Amory and the material is foam and a yoga matte.

Its fits very well cause I can open it up as you can see in the last picture.

I hope I can finish this for karneval in Germany and I hope everything will work out what I do here...
ok that's enough for the first day

Last edited:
I hope I can finish this for karneval in Germany and I hope everything will work out what I do here...

less than two months to go...good luck!
and what a pity i won't see it in action...but wild horses couldn't drag me to Düsseldorf :lol

Haha @MadMike:
you should come over, so we both celebrate karneval and we will have the best costumes in town!!!
Where are you from in germany, is it aachen or colone :behave

I'm from Zülpich, a little town 40km south-west of cologne.
it seems pretty far, but when it comes down to karneval, my heart beats for Kölle :lol

My heart too, i will be in Kölle at Weiberfastnacht/Altweiber,
hope i will finish my costum till this date...:wacko

Today i figured out, Woodglue is a realy bad idea for sealing the foam!
it breaks and you can peel it off like dry skin after a sunburn....

but i found some old paint from my airbrushset and this paint is realy nice.
Without sealing after 2 coats it´s still flexible and bends with the foam, nice shine, waterprof and realy nice to work with.

you see it in the picture below.
the pic with the stripes show the red(befor) and black (after) painting
i orderet some more of this paint here:
JVR Colours, for airbrushing and pinstriping - AirbrushService.com

airbrush paint shouldnt chip. its the best paint out there for foam. i have it on my gundam legs and they are mint. no rubs, scratches or chips. myself, i use colorix.
FT - nice job! looks great

ok, i finish the costume till karneval, it is not realy movie accurate but it was realy comfortable and it was good enough for the all the drunk peoples around.
I figured out that foam is not the best material for a costume if you are in a crowd of 10.000 drunk peoples :facepalm:sickcause all of them try to touch your helmet or pull on your chest , but they like it.

Next year i will try to make a better one like full plastic or what ever, stronger material then foam :love

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back