Starspeeder 3000 recreation

worldkiller

So I've been working on some side star wars projects, and needed to make a starspeeder 3000.

This is not a perfect recreation because I replaced all the text with the star wars in universe font, Aurebesh, but the letters are in approximately the right place.

I did my best otherwise to get it as dead on as possible, even trying to get the blast marks in the same places as the original model.

I put R5 in this one as the pilot, despite the original prop having R2. I also didn't really have good reference for the underside of the Starspeeder, so I had to kinda make that one up as I went.

Lightspeed to endor.jpg
starspeeder Complete.jpg

That really looks great, awesome job! The StarSpeeder is always such an awesome design.

Thanks! I have a lot of affection for the old girl so I tried to do her justice.

I was pretty young when I rode star tours for the first time. I still remember that moment, the ship flying through the "attic door" and seeing a clear view of space for the first time. Watching another starspeeder jump to lightspeed, and that powerful brief cue of music as I realized, finally, I was going to get to see what it was like to go to lightspeed from inside the ship, something we never saw in all three original movies.

I loved that moment.

Thanks! I have a lot of affection for the old girl so I tried to do her justice.

I was pretty young when I rode star tours for the first time. I still remember that moment, the ship flying through the "attic door" and seeing a clear view of space for the first time. Watching another starspeeder jump to lightspeed, and that powerful brief cue of music as I realized, finally, I was going to get to see what it was like to go to lightspeed from inside the ship, something we never saw in all three original movies.

I loved that moment.
Yeah, the original Star Tours was incredible. Star Tours 2 is fun, and I do love it, but it just doesn't seem to have the same "wow" factor as the original ride. Plus I miss good old RX-24.

I remember the time, some years ago, I rode Star Tours over a dozen times in one day. I'd get off, turn around and go right back on the ride again, and again, and again... :p

I miss RX too. I miss the models, and the starwarsyness of attacking the death star. I wish they'd leave one of the simulators set to star tours classic. Alas.

I did the exact same thing! Also, was fortunate to do the same with Star Trek the experience back in the day before they ripped her down.

Man I loved Star Tours. I haven't been back since they updated the locations. I rode it with Rex a lot many years ago. Loved the entire experience, from the AT-AT to the gift shop at the end with all the props. I'd spend an hour just in the gift shop.

Last time I went was in '04. Spent a week in Florida before flying down to Jamaica. I think Rex had been retired by then, but I can't remember for sure. I need to get down there again for Star Wars land. Even if I leave the wife and kids at home and go by myself, lol.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back