Starship Troopers WARP Models BUG A Diorama

dtssyst

Sr Member
This is one of the things that I have been working on the last few weeks while waiting for paint to dry on a commission Anigrand Star Destroyer build.

I have had the Bug A and B kits for a very long time. They were worked on a few times and no matter what I did the bases just never looked good. So they were put on the shelf.

Pulled from the shelf, I used PineSol and tried to remove everything that I have done to the bases over the years (see second photo of stripped base).

Second photo: The stripped base from the Bug A kit. The inset photo (top right corner) shows a piece that broke off the Bug B kit base. You can see how much crap was built up on the kits.

First photo: I think that I am finally on the right track in getting these the way I want them to look.
For those interested... The primer used was Floquil Base White Figure-Primer (330021). The other paints used to paint the base are Model Masters Dark Earth (2054), Model Masters Sand (1706), and Tamiya Clear Red (X-27).

The figures will also be redone as I hope to make them look better as well.

My goal once the commissioned destroyer is finished is to complete the kits that I have started that are in my personal collection. I think I am off to a good start.

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?" -Starship Troopers

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back