StarLord helmet questions

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by NewAgeMessiah, Sep 8, 2015.

1. NewAgeMessiah

NewAgeMessiah New Member

Hi all,

Got most of my helmet primed and ready to go now, and will be throwing down the base layer over the next couple of days. Quick few questions however as this will be the last stage of the build (everything is in place, incl an original TPS-L2 that works superbly well).

For the Gold and Silver on the helmet, what are people using colour/manufacturer wise? (Preferably some that are available in the UK too).
    Also, I wasn't going to put the LEDs in it, but now think this will be a great addition. What have people been using for these/where can I get them from?

Thanks in advance

N

2. MrSouthpaw

MrSouthpaw Sr Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  3. NewAgeMessiah

NewAgeMessiah New Member

I did have a look at that thread, but unfortunately the products used I cant get hold of over here.
    Ive used the Tamiya Gun Metal spray paint for the base coat, and I am limited to that, Games Workshop colours and more generalist hobbying/modelling paints, but most are named in ways that make no sense, so cant quite gauge what colour to get.

Any ideas on the LEDs too?

4. MrSouthpaw

MrSouthpaw Sr Member

Maybe you can contact the company you can buy paint from, tell them about the paint brand/colors you were cited, and see if they can suggest a match.

The eye LED's? I dunno. There's a few different models of helmet out there. A person here sells them, you could ask them about your helmet.

www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=230895