Prop Store

Stargate Universe Sconces - who has one?

Discussion in 'Production Made Costumes and Props' started by FuseNova, Jan 24, 2012.

1. FuseNova

FuseNova Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Who the hell keeps bidding these crazy prices for the sconces (previously $400-500)? $800+ really? I thought ok, today I'll step it up and cranked up the snipe amount because I really wanted one but $800? These seem to be production made and not found in the open market.

Does anyone have one?

Frustrating.

2. andy19422

andy19422 Sr Member

ME:lol I loved the look of the light but there was no way I was going to pay silly money for one. The one that just finished on ebay made £520- $811 + they want £52 to ship to the UK:wacko I got mine from a member here for $60 + $17 to ship to the UK:) It doesn't have a COA with it but I don't care.
    I was thinking of getting some vacuum formed and offering them here.
    [​IMG]
    By andy19422 at 2012-01-24
    [​IMG]
    By andy19422 at 2012-01-24

3. FuseNova

FuseNova Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nice!! I was thinking it was made of wood so thanks for the pics. Looks similar to an Ori sconce.

You have a buyer if you put these in the JY.

The fact thy I can ask such an obscure question and get a response within the hour amazes me. The RPF is an amazing community!

4. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

They have alot more according to the lady there. I wouldn't worry...no point in overpaying for this stuff. They have a warehouse full.

5. stefanchik

stefanchik Active Member

Sorry to tell you Andy, but thats not an original sconce you have been sold
    .... the real ones had 30w bulbs in them not LED lights,
    .... and 2nd, ALL the SG stuff Ive seen which had LEDS - used LEDS on stiff circuit boards not the crappy 300 LEDS on a reel for 20 dollars

I was one of the people who bought one of the real ones off VIP (paid 587 which is slightly under the average price of the 614 for the 7 that I know about ) ...

6. jessec

jessec Well-Known Member

This sconce design is beautiful!

7. stefanchik

stefanchik Active Member

Yea, and mine's been "shining" 24-7 since the day I recieved it
    .... Destiny is watching over me :D