Stargate Horus/Anubis Helmet WIP

Any new about this helmet? It is so nice that I really can't wait to see it finished.

Just finished my HIC project and was gonna start on this project again until I saw Kookoo's interest thread in the Junkyard. His looks very nice and I will wait to see if I can afford one before proceeding.

OK, just saw the final price and with international shipping to the US is gonna push it way over my budget. Very nice piece and I would pull the trigger to get one if I had the funds. So it's back to the drawing board and I will begin progress on this project soon.

Not much progress but had a chance to do a quick and dirty mold of the clay sculpt. Will do a slush cast and back it with fiberglass to get a resin copy that will be used as the master after I tighten/fix some details.

1072011124.jpg

So here it is right out of the mold and it looks OK I guess. Now time to clean it up to get it ready for the master mold.

1072011120-1.jpg

this is pretty amazing bro always been an Anubis fan, wish we coulda seen them in the tv show instead of all the snake heads lol,

-Mike

Thanks guys and here's a little progress. Hand sanded the whole thing down and fixed some of the details. Shot a coat of primer and there's still a few areas that will need to be fixed and then it's on to the next part.

10192011132.jpg
10192011133-1.jpg
10192011135.jpg

Honus: looking forward to when you post pics. Moving parts, WOW that's going to be impressive.

Here's some progress pics. I'm not going for accuracy by any means- it's just going to be a fun costume. The helmet is pepakura and then paper mache and smoothed using spackling paste. Then the detailing comes on in layers using paperboard. The head mechanism is something I whipped up late last night using servos I had on hand, etc. I'll work on the fan mechanism tonight.
SGHorusHeadFront.jpg

SGHorusHeadSide.jpg

SGHorusHelmetprogress1.jpg

SGHorusHelmetMechProto.jpg

DMAUL, incredible work an ultra detailed to awesome sculptin skillset!!!! Honus, ya Horus is lookin great too is that animatronic usin a MAKE?

Thanks guys. Don't have any progress on this lately. Decorating the house for Halloween and had a kids party to plan didn't leave much time for this project.

Honus, thanks for posting and your project will be wicked cool when finished. Looking forward to your next update.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back