Stargate chevron build finally finished, also with video

Now! :D
3r3y.jpg

kukj.jpg

worth every last penny. neat to see how mine was before I got it.

will be getting another one at some time in the future to go with the ring sections i'll be picking up. still wondering if it would be easier and or cheaper to do the chevrons for the sections you're doing via vacuforming. i know that's how they did the atlantis gate as well as the sgu gate. saves on weight and coming from the uk, weight savings is always a bonus. Plus it might save you some time and effort. SGU gate chevron would be a cool light too. SGU gate is just so cool for some reason.

Don't pass this up if you can help it. You'll know what I'm saying when you get it.

SGU gate chevron would be a cool light too. SGU gate is just so cool for some reason.

... Think I can help you out there Lance :),
There is a propmaker in Geneva who I could hand deliver the entire front section of my Destiny gate to as its not something I could post off to someone in that form
My thought would be to offer out the bit that's shown in the yellow area only
... As doing the entire front section is not worthwhile as cost would be prohibitive, and you'd have all import taxes and fees etc
... Whats your thoughts ?Chevron Proposal.JPG ... dont wanna hijack Andy's thread, so this post is just to gauge your interest Lance before possibly starting a separate interest thread on it ---- timewise it wont be till the end of the summer as I've got most of my collection out on both sides of the Atlantic now and people cant make everything at once lol

making the SGU gate section a kit would probably be more ideal. That section you outlined would be 5 pieces and could be more than likely vacuformed. The other parts could be broken down to smaller bits and made the entire front section via dimensions in the kit. do a single one of those oval glyph panels and make templates of the symbols. that way you vacuform the oval pieces and resin bits of the tubing and pieces. doing that would get people the entire thing but also be a smaller box that is only slightly larger than the wing chevron piece. Now that would be cool.
I'd be cool waiting a year for Andy's workload to slow down and maybe have him offer finishing. His painting skills are awesome and would be a good way to get close to screen used. For sure much better than my painting skills. A kit form would be a good way to get the complete piece but also be easier to mold, ship etc..

just an idea. Not in a hurry and however long it takes works for me. If this take a year to get done, thats how long it takes. At the end of the day, a sweet way to get most people their grail item. I know it's mine. Really nice of you to offer your stuff out to be replicated so we could have some of these items as well. it is very much appreciated.

No problem on me offering the stuff for replications Lance :)
.... SG will ALWAYS be the best ever thing that ever hit the TV screen. So it'd be sad to just hoard my collection like some people do
.... not knocking those that dont wanna share btw, just saying that for me SG was made for the masses and should be enjoyed by the masses :)
... My entire living room is powered by 3 souped up Ori Mothership lights that I self modifed to take 80 wtatt halogen bulbs, so I can for sure appreciate that people wanna have the "lightey uppey" stuff :))

Hey man this is amazing!! If you have a kit/unfinished version I can buy I would love it!!! Of course if not, finished version would be fine. But I'd prefer a kit so I could finish. I'm a disabled vet(Usmc) and am forced to spend most my time at home. I am retired on full disability so I don't/can't work. So I got into models/painting/building to stay active. Stargate is my favorite show of all time. I've always wanted a chevron(and staff weapon) but could never afford a real one. I'd love a sg1, Atlantis or universe(or all lol) version. Anyway, sorry bout the long winded putty party lol. If you do have anything I could get please let me know.

You have a gift to be able to make something like this. Great work

Hi mate, I'm sure I could sell you a kit. I need to get these finished first as I have people who ordered them over six months ago. It will be about three weeks if that's OK

Well I had a bit of a disaster today. I made the mistake of leaving a chevron cast in the mold for a couple of days. Today I couldn't get it out of the mold, eventually I did but I managed to take some of the mold with it.:facepalm Looks like I will have to make a new mold and that will take time and money. As I had some plastic sheet I decided to try vacuum forming a piece. This was very quickly done with a too small spacer and a very rough trim job. I used 1.5mm plastic and with all the levels on the chevron the piece felt very strong and light. I would guess a complete V would weigh about 250g against a resin one that weight 1.2kg.
I have emailed a vacuum forming company to get a quote to get them made. If they are too expensive I will build a larger forming table and try myself. If I have no luck with vacuum forming I will go back to resin.
vevq.jpg

4ar1.jpg

rn.jpg

that looks awesome andy. I know that the atlantis gate was vacuformed so that isn't all that big of a deal. Plus, being shipped from you to me would be cheaper if it were lighter. Plus, my walls and or ceiling would like a lighter section as well. The paint on those test pieces looks amazing as usual. I'm excited to see this progressing. Seeing both of the gate projects moving along, gives hope for those of us being recipients of some great looking replicas. The french gate is looking awesome. Thinking good thoughts for you guys in finding the spine piece. Hope some generous person steps up with a piece for your two groups to replicate. In any event, looking amazing and look forward to more progress pictures.

On a side note, any news on the Volker Technologies Data banks? Hoping those are coming close to being done. Your test models looked awesome.

I'm just making ten molds for the databanks so I can cast ten a day as the clear resin takes so long to set and it takes around four days to loose it's stickiness. We are trying a new USB when it arrives. This one was too long and fat.
i37l.jpg

I have watched Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis which were really good as a series. The chevron that you made is really good. Are you planning to make a whole stargate in the future?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back